•42•

I couldn't get any sleep. I was looking out of my window the whole night. The sky was a light shade of bluish-purple. I wanted to figure out something but instead I just thought about so many things at once that I mixed up.

• April's POV

It was midnight, I didn't want to know what time it actually was, I just wanted it to pass.
I put on my headphones and clicked on 'Cold' by Aqualung heading to the roof.

Cold... Cold...
Crimson and bare as I stand
Yours completely
Yours
As we go over
.
.
.
• Finn's POV

I saw April enter her room, take something and go through her window up to her roof.
I... didn't know what to do. A huge part of me urged to go up to the roof but a huger part said I had to stay there.
I took all the courage I had up to the roof.
I sat there and tried to avoid doing anything that would make her see me.

"About earlier..., I feel weird..." April said.
"I feel... weird too." I said.
"Finn I_"
"April why did you give me your key?" I cut her off.
"Cause... because I... I feel like I can trust you. I feel like we're similar so you wouldn't judge the real me... I... I don't know Finn, I don't know!"

• April's POV

"Finn?" He wasn't where he was anymore.
*Knock*Knock*

I opened the door and Finn came in.
"April I... I think you have to keep this to yourself. I don't deserve it..." He opened his fist  revealing the key and the chain on his palm which was slightly bloody.
I lightly traced my fingertips on the key just to make my own fingers bloody as well.
I wanted to say something, ask if he was alright or no but no words came out. Instead, I just placed my palm on his and laced my fingers around his hand squeezing the key within.
He gave out a really low wince as the key cut my palm as well.
"I'm not gonna wash your blood off of this." I said looking right at him with my eyes welling up feeling the pain, but he just looked down at our bloody hands as if his eyes were shut.
My grip went loose as he pulled his hand and let the key fall to the ground.

• Finn's POV

Her fingertips traced my skin and her slim fingers got marked by my blood. She pressed her palm on mine, her tight grip making me feel the pain from the cut.
The key fell down to the ground and April bent down to pick it up.
"April..."
"Yes?"
I noticed the cut on her hands.
"You... cut yourself." I said as I grabbed her by the wrist examining the injury on her palm.
"It's alright. You may leave." She gave me the key.
I nodded and left.

I went back home and tried to get some sleep but as soon as I was drifting off to it the sun shone bright.

"Behind that little smile of yours must be a lot of stories. Broken ones, shining ones. Either way, I'm in love with it."