•30•

Everyone bursted out laughing.
"Oh! Never mind... she has blocked me anyway." I said and everybody laughed more except Charlie.
"Who is... Joanna?" She asked.
"Long story short... a cringey ex-friend."
"Oh?" She said furrowing her eyebrows.

The sun was setting eventually and everybody were parted everywhere doing things.
"Ayla, do you have any interesting book?" I asked Ayla.
"Nah, books aren't really my thing but Finn must have. I've seen him read."
"Oh thanks."
So I walked up to Finn's room, I thought that is probably where I can find him but when I opened the door to his room the breeze of silence and vacancy hit me.
I spotted a double shelf full of books that I hadn't noticed before.
I gently rubbed the dust off the books without my palms exactly touching the covers.
I traced my fingers hesitatingly on the corners.

I reached a book without a name on its cover. It had light blue-gray cover, with no text on it.
I grabbed the book and sat on the messy mattress of Finn's bed.
I opened the first page of the book.

'FOR MY PARENTS . . .' It read at the top.

There was a dry white flower in the middle of the page.

I believe it was a poem book or something. I would find out if I moved to the next page but I didn't have the time.

"April?" Finn said looking at the book in my hands. I don't know why but I got extremely nervous and the book fell out of my hands.
First the flower fell and then the book on top of it causing the dry and old flower to turn into crunchy pieces of leaves and petals.
My hands started trembling and I took the book from the ground not knowing what to stutter.
Then I looked up at Finn whose single tear rolled down his right cheek. An expression I could not decipher went upon his face.
The significance of the situation was clearer to him than to me.
"Leave." He muttered still looking at the book not me.
"I_"
"LEAVE!" He shouted and I rushed out of his room jumping from the sound of the door slamming behind me.
I ran to the bathroom tears streaming their way down my cheeks.
Did I do anything wrong?
Of course I did. The book was probably his letters or something to his parents that he never gave them and I crushed the flower inside which was probably even more precious than the book to him.
Ayla who had seen me hurry to the bathroom was knocking non-stop.
"April answer me!"
"I'm fine, go away!"
"But_ okay..."
I washed my face and got out. Then I found an excuse to leave.
Now I was gazing at my own reflection in the mirror in the other room next to mine.
He definitely didn't want to face me again through his window so I didn't go to my room the whole day.

• Finn's POV

She had no right to... to... to... ugh!
To touch my books.
To read that thing.
To see those things and...
and to crush my mom's favorite flower.
I took all the courage I had and looked at her window. The room's light was off so I couldn't detect anything but I guess she wasn't in her room.
I placed the crushed flower pieces in the middle of the page again and put it on the book shelf were it was before.
I rubbed my eyes and hid myself under the sheets of my bed, although it was like 7 or something.

• April's POV

I didn't feel like eating... neither sleeping.
I listened to music, and did so many other things but no help.
It was now 11:48 PM.
I went outside without taking my phone or any other thing with me. I headed to the supermarket.

"Josh isn't here?" I asked the cashier.
"No, he left half an hour ago or so."
"Oh, okay." I walked up to the aisles. Why am I here? I grabbed a pocket juice, paid and left.
By the time I arrived home the pocket juice had finished. I tossed it and it fell right in between the garbage.
It was 12:24 AM now.
I went inside and to my room.
I was a mess and was definitely dragging myself.
Just when I turned on my lamp I saw Finn through my window. He was looking straight at my room. My lips parted in astonishment, not knowing what to say, out of words.
I sat on my bed behind the window.
"I..." I bit my lower lip trying to find a thing to say.
"I shouldn't have done that." I said as a single tear fell from my eye thinking how hurt he was and he let his head fall down.
"I don't know what to say but... I... I just didn't want you to... to read that." He said finally lifting his head up.
"I... know." Giving an extremely quick smile at the end. He left his room without any other word and I just turned off the light and went to sleep.