•32•

We ate and left the place. Surprisingly nobody asked to hang out, thanks god!
I went to my own house and they all went to their own.
I inhaled a huge amount of air and let it out all in a sigh staring the plain white ceiling.
I... felt happy.
I felt happy that I had real friends.
I felt happy that I had my own house that was welcome for me at anytime.
I just... felt happy...
I smiled and drifted asleep to a short nap.

• Finn's POV

They all decided to do different things so I went up to my room and, I suddenly had an idea!
I started making a kite.
As childish as it may seem it was fun!
I grabbed some tools and stuff and started making a very creative kite with our band's logo on it.

-Time Skip-

• April's POV

I woke up and realized it was 9:30.
I automatically walked up to my roof.
Finn was there on his own room, with a kite?
He didn't notice me and I didn't say anything as well. After looking at him have fun with his kite for a while I decided I had to say something?
"Nice kite." I said and he turned his head towards me trying to figure out who was talking to him.
"Not there, you knob head! I'm over here." I told him who was looking the exact opposite side.
"Oh it's you." He said.
I didn't say anything else because he looked like he didn't want to talk. Right after he said 'Oh it's you!' he went back to flying his kite.
After some moments of silence he started talking again.
"You wanna fly this thing?" He asks raising an eyebrow and I shake my head slowly as a 'maybe'.
"Everybody's scattered around the house right now, I'll come to yours." He said.
"Alright." I said and we both left the roofs.
Soon I heard knocks on the door and p to open it.
"Welcome ." I said but he just rushed upstairs, in my room and to the roof. I rolled my eyes and just ran after him.
"You made it?" I asked and he nodded.
"Here grab it's handle. I'll throw it for you." I nodded.
"You don't actually do anything but it's kinda calming in a way... you know?" I say.
"Yeah, it may be awkward to say this but it feels like you're the kite yourself, being taken away by the wind, but you yourself again are resisting to let the kite which is you again to be set free. Jeez that was confusing."
"Haha, no I get what you mean."
We sat there flying the kite turn by turn for awhile.

• Finn's POV

It was my turn and it soon got over because we agreed to have 5-minute turns.
"Here. My turn fini_" I was handing the handle of the kite to April when I realized she had fallen asleep sitting and her head was dropping down eventually.
I giggled because she flew her eyes open when her head dropped hard and fell asleep again.
I put the kite under my arm and tried to pull her into her room.
I placed her on the bed and started to look around her room. She had a book shelf teeming with books I grabbed one and flipped it open for the first page.

"I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul. . . . Since I knew you, I have been troubled by a remorse that I thought would never reproach me again, and have heard whispers from old voices impelling me upward, that I thought were silent forever.
I have had unformed ideas of striving afresh, beginning anew, shaking off sloth and sensuality, and fighting out the abandoned fight. A dream, all a dream, that ends in nothing. . . ."

Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

"Finn?" April rubbed her eyes.
"Yeah?"
"Weren't we... weren't we on the roof?"
"You fell asleep and_"
"You carried me here?"
"No you were a bit awake and could stand so I just kinda pushed you in."
"Uh-huh. What time is it?"
"11:14." I said looking at my phone.
"Pff I took two night naps tonight I ain't gonna sleep anymore for the rest of the_" her phone started ringing.

• April's POV

I picked up my phone.
"Ayla?"