•26•

The party started and they played loud music. People were dancing and drinking.
Jack was looking for Ayla, Malcolm was in the fridge, Finn and Charlie were dancing together.
He really couldn't dance.
I grabbed one of the red cups and filled it with lemonade.
I finished the cup and filled it again.
"It's alcoholic you know?" A random guy giggled.
"So that's why I feel good, huh?"
I drank and drank and_
"Oh! Haha! Ayla... Jack was looming...no...looking for you."
"April, you okay? You're drunk, aren't you?"
"I'm fineeee." I say and she leaves.
I take a step forward and stumble into Finn, who caught me. I froze and then my arms crept around him, my fingers lacing themselves behind his neck. My face was pressed against his throat, his soft hair under my fingers. I closed my eyes, shutting out the dizzying world.
"Shouldn't you be dancing with your girlfriend? Oh sorry childhood friend." I said my eyes still closed.
I felt him inhale. "April," he said. "April, look at me." I raised my eyes to his, slow and unwilling, braced for anger or coldness but his gaze was fixed on mine, his dark brown eyes somber beneath their thick black lashes.
This is madness, I thought, as Finn unlocked my fingers and placed me on his room's couch.
We should be dancing and partying. Instead I sat, wordless, as Finn sat beside me. He ran his hands through his damp dark brown hair, pushing it back from his forehead. Something had left marks across his high cheekbones, like light scars, but when I reached to touch them, he gently caught at my hands and pressed them down.
"Charlie... Charlie is_"
"Probably looking for you." I finished and at that he left. Time had snapped and lost its significance. It was like the whole world was whirling in front of my eyes so I closed them again and didn't open them.

-Time Skip > Next Morning-

I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder.
"April, wake up."
"Ah... my head... is pounding."
"You probably drank too much last night." And suddenly I remembered, everything about last night. The image of the person talking to me got precise after moments of being blurry.
"Malcolm..."
"Yes?"
"I'm hungry..."
"Haha, come on, breakfast is ready."
"Okay."
He left the room and I figured something on the bed. I thought it was going to be Finn but I noticed it was Charlie. I rolled my eyes and went downstairs. Ayla, Jack, Malcolm and Finn were eating. I joined them and started taking some bread and spreading honey and jam on it.
"April I remember you were drunk last night. Are you okay now?" Ayla asked.
"Yes... fine." I said and took a split second to glance at Finn.

"So what's our plan for today?" Ayla asked.
"How about we go skateboarding?" Finn asked.
"I don't know how to skateboard." I said.
"Malcolm, Jack are taught by Finn by they still struggle, maybe Finn can teach you." She said looking at Finn.
"How about you?" I asked Ayla.
"I have skates. Skateboards aren't really my thing."
"How about Charlie?" I asked.
"She skates with Ayla, her skates are here aren't they?" Finn said.
"Yeah." Charlie startled us all coming down the stairs. "So what are you waiting for?!" She continued.
"I'm gonna go change then." I said.
"Alright we'll meet in half an hour in front of your door."

At that I left and got ready.
I went through different clothes in my closet to reach this...

I put up my hair in a messy bun and applied sunscreen. I also wore my black watch and my really thin basic bracelet.
After 25 minutes or so I was ready and headed outside.
All of them eventually came and we walked to the nearest skatepark.

"Give me my skates Ayla!" Charlie shouted.
"Alright wait a second!" Ayla shouted back.
"Pff I don't know why thy keep shouting! So... wanna try? I mean... try skateboarding." Finn said.
"Oh c'mon Ayla said something but go skateboard and have fun. I will sit on this bench and watch you guys."
"You sure?"
"Yeah."
At that he got on his skateboard and left.
I sat on a bench as I said and started scrolling through my camera roll.
I saw to figure fall down and looked up from my phone. I saw that Charlie and Finn had bumped into each other and Charlie was on top Finn.
Everybody came surrounding them holding out hands to help.
I saw that Ayla looked at me and I went back on my phone as fast as I could pretending I hadn't seen, not even knowing why I shouldn't have seen.
After a few minutes Malcolm came with his skateboard and sat beside me.
I put down my phone and looked at nowhere?

"You... aren't you... bored?" He asked and I shrugged.
"What if I am?"