•45•

"I can't choose what's wrong and what's right anymore." I said.
"No one has ever been able to. We just do what our minds tell us to," She took a seat on her bed. "What does your mind tell you?" She asked.
"It's been a while since I last heard what it tells." I placed my head on her shoulder and felt her stiffen.
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim till I was completely unconscious.

• April's

I tried to get up but I realized Finn had fallen asleep. I pulled him up on the bed and laid his head on the pillow. His face was so innocent and pure, so... aesthetic.
I couldn't help but inhale-sniff, few inches away from his collarbone. I didn't use to be like this. I had learned to show another side of me to the outside world. I had learned to be a rock but now... I was melting. With every step forward I melted more and with every step back, I broke into pieces.

2:56

I still couldn't sleep. There was 'so much' and 'nothing' going through my mind at the same time.
"April?" Finn's eyes flickered open. He couldn't see me. I was in the corner of the room and the only light in there was the dim street light that crept inside.
"Yes?" I asked and sat beside where he was laying.
"You're awake." He rubbed his eyes and tried to pull himself up into a sitting position where he could lean on the bed's crown.
"Yeah..."
He just looked at me without saying any word.
He wrapped his arms around me.
"Don't ever leave." he said.
"You're the one who may be leaving..."
"I...I won't," he pulled away and grabbed me by the shoulders.
"Promise you'll never leave..." His head dropped down as he said.
"Why?" I asked wistfully in a low voice. "Look at me." I demanded and he looked at me right in the eyes.
"Just having you here... makes me wanna live forever...b-because I love you... no matter what happens in the future... I will protect you, for all of eternity... I swear."
I hugged him with all of the force I had letting my tears stain his shirt.
I could feel his heartbeat beneath my chest and that was... precious and priceless.
He pulled away and placed his palms on my temples leaving a small kiss on my forehead.
I caressed his cheeks nervously with my fingertips and brushed my lips on his. I backed away without practically kissing him but he cut hold of my neck and smashed his lips on mine.
"I'll never leave..., I promise."

The End