•41•

"Are you packed?"
"Yeah, all done."

We went to the airport and caught our flight on time. It was 2:30 PM.
"Chicken or beef?" The flight attendant asked with a wide smile on her face.
"Uh... beef?" I hesitated. She handed me my food that weird smile of her never leaving her face.
"You sir? Chicken or beef?" She asked Malcolm who was next to me.

-Time Skip-

We had landed at the airport and couldn't find a van taxi so we took two cabs because we didn't want to get squeezed. Malcolm, Finn and I arrived first. It was almost 7 o'clock.
Finn said he was invited to a party so he went to get ready. We just arrived, didn't we? Nice.
Ayla and Jack arrived soon after us, they were planning on going on a date. Malcolm wanted to sleep, and I...
Well, I didn't have plans.
I started walking home but a hand took hold of my wrist.
"You... where are you going?" Finn asked.
"Home?"
"Um... wanna go to the party I mentioned?"
"Uh... sure."
"Alright, come down in 30 minutes then."
I nodded and left.
What should I wear?
What should I wear?
What should I wear?
Meh.

I pulled up my hair in a bun and bit my lips lightly to make it gain a lil' color

I went downstairs, grabbed my keys and went out where I saw Finn standing with his hands in his pockets.
"It's near. Walk?" I nodded and we started wandering to where Finn knew the way.
The music in my ears blocked out every other sound as the breeze hit my face.
"We're here." Finn said.
I took out my earbuds and followed behind him.
"You'll be fine here alone?" He asked.
"Uh... yeah... yeah." I said and he disappeared into the crowd.
I grabbed a red cup filling it with a random drink.
I sat back on the couch taking small sips from what the cup contained.
"Hey wanna dance?" A random guy asked. I took another sip from the cup not looking at the guy.
"Nah, thanks tho." I said.
"You're hot." He said as he sat beside me.
"No actually, this air conditioner is making me have a headache. I'm cold."
"Want me to warm you?"
"Dude just piss off." I said as I threw his arm off of me.
"You know you want it girl." He leaned in and I slapped him hard.
"I said. Piss. Off!" I said and stormed out to the other room.
All of the sofas were occupied. One of them filled with people smoking and the other, drunk people.
I was tired and pissed off so I started looking for Finn.
I saw him standing near the pool.
"What's this?" I heard a girl next to him ask playing with the key hanging from Finn's neck. The key I had given him. He hadn't seen me yet.
"That is on a need-to-know basis and you do not need to know." I shouted harshly.
"April_"
"Finn give me the key."
"Ap_"
"I said_" He pulled me out of the house.
"I heard what you said. Why?"
"Why?! Because... because... would you want anyone touching your mom's necklace for example?!" I asked and he just looked at me in the eyes with furrowed eyebrows not answering.
"Finn... I... yes I agreed to come to this party and I said I'd be fine with being alone but... but did you know what I experienced? I was almost getting raped and someone touched the key I want no-one to even see!"
"What... what do you... what do you mean by 'almost getting raped'?" He asked.
"That is my least concern right now!" I said and ran home.
Was it really that big of a deal? It wasn't just because of the key...
I unlocked the door and headed straight to the backyard. I let myself fall on the swing and just... just breathe...

• Finn's POV

I didn't know how I felt. I didn't know if I was right or she was. It's like life wants to prove us all wrong. I felt like there was a lump in my throat that I could not get rid of.
What did she mean? If she wanted no-one to see the key then why did she give it to me? I unlocked the chain as I sat behind my window. I placed the key on my palm and clenched my fists. My finger tips got pink and I felt a light bit of pain. I opened my hand and realized the key's point had left a small cut. I put my hand on my side and let the few couple drops of blood slide down my hand.
Why.....?