•12•

After an hour or so I woke up. I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep.
Ayla beside me was sleeping so was Jack, Malcolm on his phone and Finn looking out with his head phones on.
"What are you listening to?" I turned to my back.
"Nothing..."
"What do you mean?" I grabbed one of the ear buds.
"April, no_" he tried to keep his voice down.
Before he could say anything I put the ear bud in my ear. He just sat there in a facepalm posture. It was a woman singing...
"Sweet voice, who is it? She sounds like Ma_"
"It's my mom! He nearly shouted as an old tear fell down his cheek.
I couldn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. Had she passed away?
"Uh.. um..she has a nice voice, I mean your mom..." I awkwardly said.
"She used to..."
"Used to? Oh... i mean... yeah... you needn't tell m_"
"It's okay... she left, or that's what I know! One day she went to my aunt's and she never came back. When we went and asked my aunt where my mom had been, she said my mom hadn't visited in a month..." he wiped his face with his sleeves.
"I want to hug you right now but you know... we're on a plane and..." I suddenly stopped when I realized what I had blurted out.
"Thanks_"
"What for?"
"For hearing me out."
"Anytime."
That was the last words until I slept again and when I woke up we had almost arrived.

-Time Skip-

We arrived at the hotel, the boys were checking in while Ayla and I were sitting in the lobby.
They came back.
"Please tell me it's not a suite! I can't stand another minute with you guys." Ayla said jokingly.
"Such a coincidence! Hopefully we got two rooms." Finn replied sarcastically.
"April and I!" Ayla exclaimed.
"Fine." Said Jack while handing Ayla one of the cards.
"We're on different floors?"Ayla asked.
"Yeah. All rooms occupied." Malcolm replied.
"Fine. Let's go April!" Ayla pulled me by the wrist while the boys followed us.
First the boys got off the elevator. Their floor was the 16th but ours was the 22nd.
It was 2:00 AM and I obviously couldn't sleep. I had slept for almost 2 hours during the flight.
Ayla couldn't sleep either.
I lay on my bed reading a book.

4:13 AM

Ayla was fast asleep now.
I was bored stiff.
I headed out of the room with my pajamas not really knowing where I was going.
A messy bun.
A loose white shirt.
Short light blue shorts.
I don't know why but I ended up on the hotel's roof.
Actually it wasn't empty.
Some couples making out at 4 AM.
Some people stargazing.
And there I noticed a familiar boy with noodle like curls.
"Yo bro what ya doin' at 4 AM on the roof?"
"Yo sis. Chillin' how bout you?" Malcolm responded.
"Haha I don't know. I ended up here."
"Interesting. Jack was asleep and Finn and I had a conflict so we both headed out, dunno where he went."
"Ayla was asleep as well, but I better go check on her on the floor, she fell and didn't let me put her up in the bed."
"Yeah? Alright." He giggled.
I went to check on Ayla but as soon as I got off the elevator I saw Finn struggling to knock on the door, our door.
"Finn?"
"April?"
"You okay?"
"Yeah can I sleep here tonight?"
"Yeah sure." He probably didn't want to face Malcolm tonight.
We went inside and he slept on my bed I sat beside him reading a book but my head started to feel heavy and I fell asleep.