Chapter 9

I walked beside him falling into his step quite dreading the fact what people will think of me when they come to know I was just another of those girls who is in their for money. What will my mother think when she sees me with him? The most eligible bachelor of New York city. The Billionaire that everyone wants.

I suddenly started to get cold feet when the reality of the situation settled in. He must have sensed it. "Are you alright Rosa? You seems tensed little one" He asked. "I...I am fine do not worry" He didn't pressed the topic further which I am very happy for.

Ezra walked inside a glass door cabin where I can see another intimidating person sitting in. He looked at Ezra and gave him a small smile however when he looked at me his eyes narrowed. I know that look very well the judgmental look.

Ezra's grip tighten over me. I didn't said anything about it. I knew for the fact that there will be many who will judge me for them I am just a gold digging whore.

"So how can I help you today Mr. Olyphant?" he asked. "By not passing judgmental stares on my girlfriend will do" Ezra said sharply. "I am sorry sir I... I thought she was the one who you hired to pose as your girlfriend" The lawyer replied.

"Was I not clear enough John you maybe my friend but no one gave you right to pass judgmental eyes on my girl" Ezra said.

"I am Sorry Ezra it is highly unlikely of you to put such special request however, this case I do understand. I am sorry for being Rude Miss Adams But shouldn't you have signed the agreement before we do the legal procedures for your house to be completed?" He asked. I clench my jaw.

I pulled the contract from my bag and signed it in front of him. "Here you go this will make sure that I won't take the money from your precious Mr. Olyphant ." I said getting up and walking out of the door.

What was I thinking? Why did I do this? I shouldn't have done it. No I should have done something else Something which will not come and bite me back in the ass later.

But it is too late now. The deed is done. I cannot go back. I looked around to see a small cafe nearby. I decided to enter and relax for sometime before calling Ezra. The aroma of fresh coffee hit me. I t was the smell I used to since my mother took me to work most if the time. The Cafe is my second home and Aunt Anette and other who works in there is my second family.

I ordered a small Mocha and looked at the surrounding people. Happy people with not so complicated life. Honestly I didn't asked for the money once nor did I ever blamed god for making our lives miserable.

All I wanted was to find fairytale romance someone who is not complicated and who could understand me.

But My prince c harming must have fell of his noble steed and broke his back. Or must have saw another fair maiden and decided to give up the search. "Here is your order Miss" I saw a cute waiter with curly brown hairs and brown eyes with dimples. He was blushing furiously. Maybe he is shy type.

"thank you Uhhh..." I looked at his name tag "Sam" I said. "Is that will be all madam?" He asked. "Yes thank you" He nodded . "Actually if you don't mind I will like someone to sit and talk with" I said. He looked shocked but composed himself.

He was not bad looking . He looked down all the time. "If your manager don't mind that is" I said. "Go on son I am ok we don't have much work today and I don't mind the boss taking little rest."

The boss? He is the boss? But he doesn't look like... Oh looks can be deceiving. I should know that by now. "Here something for you" The boy whose name was Sam said. He placed a piece of red velvate cake in front of me. I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"What is this for?" I asked. "You seem upset Lady. And the cake cheer everyone up." He said. "Thank you. You really didn't have to" I said. "I...Its ok its on the house" he said looking down still. "I am Rosalinda Jasmine Adams" I said. "Nice to meet you Rose I am Samuel Bishop King owner of this little establishment." He said.

"Did you had a bad day?" he asked. "Nothing unusual it is same old People judging me nothing new I am used to it." He smiled sadly. "I for one think people should not judge another people before walking into their shoes" He said and handed me a napkin.

"Thank you" I said softly surprisingly feeling comfortable and relaxed in this friendly atmosphere.

My Phone buzzed again for the fifth time. I was in middle of Telling a complete stranger my sob story and Ezra was bothering me too much. "I have to go Sam but we can catch up later sometime?" I asked,

"Sure, give me your phone" I looked at him confused. He took my phone and fed his number into it after calling his from mine.

"For safekeeping Rose I don't have many friends who I can open up with but Now I feel that you are going to be one of them whom I can trust with my secrets. See you soon Rosa" He said softly

As soon as I walked out of the cafe I was hugged by a giant Koala bear or in this case my fake possessive boyfriend for the time Ezra.

"Can't breathe" I said. He placed a sweet kiss on my forehead and led me to his car again. I saw Sam looking at me from his cafe with a sad smile on his face.

Word Count: 1018 Words