Chapter 20

"Hey" I said as I sat beside him on his hospital bed. He was to be discharged next day and all I did was running back and forth between hospital and his office and back to hospital again. He doesn't take a single break. He needs to rest he just got inside the hospital. But he is not going to listen to anyone not even me.

"Here is the project report of Paradise hotel you asked for and I have set up a video conference with the client in china . He will be calling you at six in evening." I said.

He transformed his hospital room into his office and he didn't listen to his doctors too. At last we all give up and I decided to lessen his burden as much as I can.

"Anything else I need to do sir?" I asked. "Have you slept?" he asked. The question took me by surprise. "I slept here last night after you slept" I said. He shied in frustration. He pushed the files and kept them on table beside it. He scooted over and said "Come here" I looked at him confused.

"Come here Little one or next one to be hospitalized will be you" He said. "I am alright sir" I said. I do not want to be close to him or else all those weird feelings I have been feeling this week long will resurface.

"That wasn't a request little one. That was an order" He said firmly. I climbed on the bed and lie down beside him. I was careful not to touch him or hurt him anyway.

His fingers find my hairs and stroked it softly. "Now that you k now do you think of me differently?" I didn't get the question. "What do I know sir?" I asked. "That I have no family of my own do you think of me differently do you sympathise with me or pity me that you have something I never had?" He asked pulling me close to him so that my head rested on his chest.

I stroked his chest unconsciously. "No I don't " I said. He looked at me his eyes twinkling with something unknown to me. "I don't pity you or sympathize with you. I still think that you belong from the depth of hell." He chuckled at this.

"Oh you did called me Lucifer at many occasion" He said softly. "because you are Lucifer ruler of the hell" I said. "Then you shall be my queen and together we will rule the hell" He said kissing my forehead.

"You should really stop doing that" I said. "Doing what?" He asked looking at me. "Kissing me that way it shows affections something you probably don't have for your temporary maid slash secretary slash girlfriend. I only said the girlfriend part because they won't let me in if I said I was your secretary" I said.

"That is a lot of slashes" He pointed out. "That kind of happen when you don't know what is your position in the person's life who is right beside you" I said and turned to my side not facing him and then I closed my eyes and surprisingly I heard him hum something luring me to sleep.

When I woke up someone was spooning me and I felt a pair of eyes on me. "I looked at the person and It was Lucian night. He was looking at us or me precisely. "Good evening Miss Rose I think you had a good sleep?" He asked.

"He forced me to sleep" I said. "Yes because few hours ago you looked like a zombie and we don't want the girlfriend of richest billionaire in America to look like a zombie do we?" He said placing two coffees on the table beside bed.

I felt Ezra groan and open his eyes. He smiled looking at me and kissed my forehead again. "You look good" He said stroking my hairs again. "I feel better thank you" I said getting up but he pulled me to him again.

"Don't go just yet I have missed your presence beside me for days Rosa" He said. "Don't say that Mr. Olyphant because I will not be with you here forever apparently I am here just for the money remember?" I asked.

His eyes met Lucian and he shook his head in disapproval. Yes I am just that cheap girl. "You bought her to be your girlfriend? And what technique did you use this time?" He asked. "He saved my mother's house and he promised me a hundred million after six month of my services" I said looking straight into dark eyes of Lucian. "Oh then you don't mind if I propose your girl for being my girlfriend after this do you?" Lucian asked.

Ezra's eyes narrowed at his friend. "No you can propose her to be your anything after I am done" He said. How could you Ezra Michael Olyphant? "why don't you propose me now Lucian after all I can get out of the contract when I can. All I don't going to get is that hundred million dollar. And frankly I don't care." I said Lucian smirked at him.

I moved away from Ezra's touch. "I have already given you what you have asked for Ezra oh sorry I mean Mr. Olyphant sir. I already have a job secured to after six month I will be the Secretary To Samuel Bishop King and yes I already accepted that." I said.

"The money is yours I have already transferred it to your account Rosa. I don't need it" He said. "Well I don't need it too" I said picking up the files. "Yes you don't because you have to because you already have someone to provide you. Maybe you are fucking him too behind my back"

Before Lucian can Do anything I beat him to it. I slapped him hard. "If I was that desperate I would have been Virgin when you had taken me I have already sold myself to the richest billionaire there but I didn't because I have a thing called self respect and If you don't see it yet then you never had deserved me. Now I am only your secretary from today I am nothing more to it."

Word Count: 1057 words