Chapter31

I walked to the office building and met the receptionist at the desk. I mumbled a small hello as I saw the laughing faces of people.

They were laughing at me. I know that. They would be thinking it was good she deserved it. She deserved to be used and thrown like this. This slut sleeping her way to success with the boss.

I smiled politely pressing the top floor button. I had already mailed the request to my all professors last night. Maybe this is all rushed but I can help but feel that it is something I need to do. It is for my sanity.

My sanity and my life. I need to do this. I walked to my cabin and sat down inside it. I waited for Ezra to show up.

I planned his meetings and looked for the schedule for the day. I was early was an understatement. I just rushed out of the house before myra woke up and bombarded me with questions I cannot answer.

I also cannot run back to my mother. I cannot face her after all I have done. I broke her rule and it will cost me.

A knock startled me and I halted my work or my thoughts. I look up and saw Ezra and I cast down my eyes. I should be angry at him but it was inevitable. I did this with myself. I let him in my heart. I let him have this power over me and he ruined me for every other person in this whole world.

"Do I have any meetings today Rosa?" He asked. "Not that important just few staff meetings regular things" I said. "Oh good then can you pick up a dress for me and make sure deliver it to Natasha?" He asked. "Sure what kind of dress?" I asked.

"A ball gown she is to be my date for my birthday ball on Saturday. And you are invited too. I already picked your dress for that Lucian will accompany you." He said smiling. "Sorry sir hate to say this to you but I have plans this weekend as this is thanks giving holidays" I said.

His face fell. You have her you don't need me anymore. You have her. I am just non existing in your life. Even when you said that you have a place for me always. I don't think I want to interfere in your life anymore.

"But I made plans for us already." He said sitting down. "I cannot sir I am going out of city with friends and my brother." I said. "By the way congratulation on getting her back. I told you then right you will get her back sir?" I asked. He nodded.

"When is my meeting?" he asked in a small voice. "It is in ten minutes sir" I informed. "Ok Miss Adams I will be waiting for you there to join me." With that he left. This is it finally I am free of this all. All needed is to get those extra credits and ask professor if I can just come to attended my exams .

I printed out the last page and put it inside the file. When I saw the time it was almost eight. It had been an busy day and a eventful one. At least I know I can graduate early all I need now is to type my resignation. I am moving away after I come back from California.

I am taking the job as far away from here as possible. I wasn't expecting to see myself as a café manager but now I am going to do it. I am going to move to Italy. And I will be managing the restaurant chain Samuel own in there.

I walked down stairs and saw Ezra waiting for someone probably his new girlfriend. I walked up to him to bid him good night. He held my hand surprisingly in his still possessive hold. "You asked for your extra credits?" He asked icily.

"yes I did. I thought it would be best if I just focus on my carrier from now." I said. His hold tighten on me as if was seeing through my lies and I know he can clearly. But I am not going to give him the satisfaction of seeing me broken.

"Is that so? Or there is something else little one? Something else you aren't telling me?" He asked. I pulled his hand away from mine softly. "No Sir It is just that. I figured if I focused on my carrier I can take better care of my mother. She is not getting young and she needs to date again fall in love and find her own fairy tale." I said moving away from his intimidating presence as it suffocates me.

"What about you Rosa don't you want to find your own fairy tale?" he asked. "I don't believe in fairy tales Mr. Olyphant. I don't think that Prince charming exists in real life or does happy endings." I moved back further wanting to walk away from all this now.

"Why I have this feeling that you want to run away from me?" He asked. "Because I do" I said no I whispered. "Rosa" He started . But I heard his voice "Hola my Rosa " Damien held me close to him like a protective brother should.

"Get away from her" Ezra said in a low voice. I snuggled more into Damien's arms. Curling myself against him. "Come here now Rosa" Ezra shouted making me flinch and afraid of him. Very much afraid of him. "Rosa Please" He pleaded.

"Please Sir let me go. I am not yours anymore. I was never yours to begin with" I told him in an small voice. "You heard the girl now back off before I make you back off my Rosa. She don't want You Mr. Olyphant. She want Damien now. And Damien will take care of his Rosa. As always" He added. Then he picked me up bridal style and I held his neck with my arms. "There there little Rosa Damien got you." Damien cooed me like I was a little girl maybe in his eyes I am a little girl still.

I saw Ezra and his eyes darken in anger . I cast my eyes down and whimpered silently against Damien. "he will not hurt Rosa. Damien will Protect Rosa like a good brother. Damien will always be here like a good brother" Damien stroked my hairs and placed me on the car seat.

He then got to the passenger side and started to drive. I saw the no I heard Ezra scream my name "Rosa Don't you dare walk out without talking. Rosa I swear to god I will Ruin everyone related to you if you walked away now." I hope it is just a threat because he needs to short out his priorities first.

Word Count: 1164 words