Chapter 28

I woke up sore and in his bed. Beside him. He was holding me to his body tightly. I wiggled tried to wake up the he devil. Key word tried.

"Good morning" I said and he just nodded. Ok maybe I served my purpose again in his bed. He don't have to say anything. I pulled his hand and looked at his wounds. They were healing good.

"Ezra can I ask you for something?" I asked. He nodded. "Do you know any private detectives?" I asked. That made his eyes snap at me.

"why do you need a private detective?" He asked stroking side of my neck. His voice husky from sleep. "not for me but for Sam" I said. His eyes harden hearing his name.

His grip tighten over me painfully. I yelped. But he still haven't let me go. "what for?" He asked not giving away the anger in his voice.

"His family, his father is forcing him for the CEO position he doesn't want . He wants to meet his family his little sister and his mother" He cupped my cheek and asked "Will it make you happy?" "Yes very" I said softly holding it.

He picked up the phone and dialled a number. "David come to my office as soon as you can got a job for you" And he cut the call. "Now that is done let's talk about yesterday" He said. "What about it?" I asked. "About what you saw about what I told you. Every thing. Every little thing" He said.

"Ok then I will cook and then we have breakfast once you have eaten something we will talk how about that?" I asked. I was walking away from him in order to avoid the topic but he held my hand and then buried his face in my chest.

"I am sorry for all this shit little one" He said softly. "It's ok Ezra you were just heart broken. And there is no possible cure for the broken heart anymore." I said stroking his hairs.

I placed a plate before him and he thanked me eagerly. I smiled and watched him eat. "You are not going to eat?" He asked. I shook my head in no. He pulled me towards him and placed me on his lap.

"Now now little one I know you must be famished because I am. It takes strength to take you on bed. You are so wild and you don't even know it" He said making me blush again. "Now open up and let me feed you" He added.

We are currently in our way to his office and I am dreading it. We still haven't have our talk and honestly I don't want to. I don't want to find what is he hiding inside his closet skeletons of the past or the ghost that will haunt me for the life time. Ezra looked at me and held my hand softly. Squeezing it lightly in order to reassure me. But of what?

Ezra went inside and dragged me along with him. And not so surprisingly I was wearing his shirt to office. Everyone's eyes narrowed but Ezra wasn't the one to listen to me. I know they think I am fucking the boss for the position specially the other interns.

Well they can have it if they like all I want to do is get the hell out of this place. I heard some trash talking behind my back but I kept mum. It wasn't the first time and I am technically doing what they are saying.

"Sit" He ordered me. I sat down on his couch. "Here drink this you will feel good" He gave me bottle of water. "Thank you" I said. "Sir you should have let me get my cloths from my apartment." I said. "You have cloths in your room in our house" He said. "It's not mine it is what you brought for me and I am not comfortable in wearing them." I said.

"How many times we have to go through this ?" He asked. "You..." His phone rang and he picked it up "Olyphant" He said "Yes send them up" He paused again "Make her sit in the meeting room I will be down after I am done." He paused again.

"No you can tell her that there is nothing more important to me than my Rosa right now got it and I will be down. Tell her that" With that he cut the call and muttered under his breath about some dumb receptionist.

"What happened?" I asked. "Nothing for you to worry about darling. David is here and I called Samuel too. Got his number from your phone " He said.

"You checked my phone?" I asked. "Yes I did but only for his number not anything else I promise" He said truthfully. But I have a hard time believing him. I don't believe him that he will not snoop around my phone for nothing.

I heard a knock and he told a small come in. I looked at a blond haired man who shook hands with Ezra. Behind him I saw him familiar Brown eyes looking at me. My eyes lit up and He held out his arms for me. I ran into them and he caught it effortlessly.

"Harmana I missed you" He said. I heard someone clear his throat and it was none other than Ezra. '

Sam pulled me behind him like a protective brother. "Sam..." I protested. "No Harmana he had made you cry. Always it is you. You cry and we have to watch what you think that makes me feel?" he whispered. "It's ok Sam I am alright" I said softly caressing his cheek. Soon I was pulled by someone to their side.

"I called you here because I wanted to help you finding your sister and mother not because I want you to flirt with my girlfriend." I gasped at this. Did he really called me his girlfriend? Yes you are his pretend girlfriend

Sam chuckled at this "High time it came out of your mouth Mr. Olyphant. And I am not flirting you're your girlfriend I am just protecting what is mine to protect" Sam said gritting his teeth. "And what is that?" Ezra asked stroking his chin.

"Her . She is my family and I will protect her against all the things in this world including you." Sam said and the hell broke lose.

Word Count: 1084 words