Chapter 33

Day three in California. I am enjoying the little vacation with my friends and family. David had called me saying that he had found some birth records nothing else right now. He promised to call me back as soon as he gets back to the conclusion.

Ezra was stable now. Lucian called me as soon as he woke up and the surprising thing is Ezra doesn't remember anything that happened that day before he fainted. Natasha was officially his girlfiriend now. I have to go back just this week to give him my resignation and I will be free now.

I saw his official interview yesterday when he admitted about her carrying his child all the time. He said she gave him courage like no other. What a joke Ezra one day you will realise how false your words were. One day you will realise and I wont be there to pick up the pieces or to hold you and nurse you back to health.

But you want to be there for him

I do I so do and that is why I am dreading getting back in same building and facing him. James rubbed my back and said "Hey you alright Kiddo?" "I am fine James and I am nineteen not exactly a kid anymore." I said. "Yes you are not a kid anymore kiddo but still I have to look after you for my sanity and my brother' sake. You are the only one who can save him from this trap he fell into" James said.

"It is not a trap it is apparently love and I don't want to be a home wrecker. He declared her as his girlfriend and she is carrying his child I don't fit into that picture anymore. I can just watch from distance and I cannot do anything more. He is virtually unapproachable." I said.

I again hadn't had a wink of sleep that night. I was dreading this meeting. I don't want to see him but I have to. It is a good thing that I can come back just after that maybe I will spend some time with Myra and Damien. I missed my friends.

They are not here with me on my trip nor is Lucian. He is coming to pick me up and we are driving straight to Olyphant's after that. He promised that he will not let me get in any kind of trouble.

I walked to the air port. The atmosphere is sunny and cheery today. But inside I knew there will be a storm brewing soon. I k now it in my heart. I can feel that there is going to be a change and the change will just not be in my favour like always.

I looked at the blue sky as we took off from the airport. This is calm and serene exactly what I need in my life. But where there is peace there is meant to be chaos sooner or later. And I am not sure if I am ready for that chaos fully. I looked into the TV set ahead of me and drifted off to sleep.

I landed in New York city and found Lucian waiting for me there. "You came" Lucian said with amusement in his eyes. "Yes it was hard to leave my boyfriend alone here for himself." I said sarcastically. "Your boyfriend is fending off with that witch very well." Lucian said distastefully. "Yeah I just came here to say that I am ending my services." I said looking down guilty for some reason.

Lucian drove me to his office I was sweating profusely as we came nearer to my destination. Typical Ezra even if he dies he will not leave his work for a day. My palms became sweaty and my heart beat rise in an alarming rate. My breathe quickened as soon as Lucian stop at the gates of Olyphant's .

"Relax Rose he is not going to bite you for saving your heart" Lucian said. "Yes but he can bite me to save his ass" I replied. Lucian chuckled dryly but didn't commented further. I told myself to relax but no matter what I do I cannot.

As we near the life i felt like I will faint. I was that much nervous about meeting Mr. High and mighty Ezra.

The lift door closed on me and I found myself clutching Lucian for dear life. As if I was afraid that this lift will broke and we will plunge to death. But it was not that. No I was afraid of when the journey will end and those doors will open what am I going to see. What am I going to do? I can't put my fingers into it.

"Lucian I think I am going to have a panic attack now." I gripped his arm almost digging my nails into his torso. "Relax Rose you are alright just breathe please breathe" Lucian said as he get off on the nearest floor with me on toe. He settled me down on a desk and said someone to fetch some water. Yes that would be nice a cold glass of water.

"Breathe Rosa " he said again looking at me with concern. "Slow deep breathes" He said again but his voice had no effect on me. I cannot do it again. I cannot face him again.

No I cannot see him happy with someone else but he is not mine from the beginning. Why I thought it would be easy to face him again? Why i came here?

I felt someone picking me up and lying me on something soft then telling me softly. "Breathe little one you need to breathe. No one will hurt you here. I promise just listen to my voice and breathe slowly" The hand stroke my hair and pulled me into his chest softly. "Come on Rosa listen to me Amore just breathe."

I tried to relax myself listening to the voice that seems so distant to me but it was still there somehow. It was calling to me. The touch was very familiar to me. Then I felt it his lips on mine . I like those lips on me.

I like to have those lips over mine. I felt myself getting calmer and relaxing in his touch. I felt myself coming out of the haze i was into.

I closed my eyes relaxing myself and then I openthem slowly as those lips were moved from mine. I looked at me surrounding. Iwas in familiar place in his office and then I looked at the person himself.His dark eyes met mine making me gasp again.

Word Count: 1118 words