Chapter 38

He looks mesmerizing in his black suit. The cuff-links are the one I gifted him. It was engraved with his initials. And a small device was attached to it that makes me feel his every heartbeat and it is connected to my locket that I wear always. Not literally I can feel them but the constant ticking of the dial makes me know.

His eyes met mine and I looked down. I was walking first and he is suppose to take the vows today nothing happened. He is still standing on the isle and getting married and my fate is laughing at me with her ugly smile saying better luck next time or maybe like next life.

I stand with Lucian holding the flowers. He hugged me with one hand and rubbed it on my back. I think I am going to be sick soon. I am feeling bad as soon as they take vows I need to get out of here.

The priests started to read as I totally paid attention to some where else. I need to get out now or else I will be sick I know it. I was rooted as his gaze met mine. It soften a little as he looked at me while repeating the vows what the priest said. Why I am feeling like I am the one who is getting married.

Lucian came frantically and said "Stop this wedding now." What why? Why he wants to stop the wedding? Everyone halted. The Priest looked like he is going to get angry and Ezra was looking at us indifferently. He wasn't angry yet why?

"Ezra it is not your child and you do not need to marry her. Come on man up and admit whom you love truly like you did last night tell them all" Lucian said.

Then he whispered. "Don't let Ezra get near her she is trying to poison him so that she can get his property her ex- husband was helping her but then he had change of heart and told us everything. She is going to kill him if we didn't stopped them"

"Nonsense Ezra just loves me and none of you can take it. Just save your rant and let us continue." Natasha said hanging her fake silicon boobs out. Her outfit was literally covering nothing. Ezra said nothing. "Ok then if you all maintain your silence just say I do and you may kiss the bride"

I have to do something anything. "I do" Ezra said and my heart broke all over again but I have to find out exactly how he is going to poison him. It should be of something. "Ezra Michael Olyphant" Lucian shouted at top of his voice. "Lucian just don't" I said. "but ...but" He protested.

"Ezra is married with her now there is nothing we can do rather than giving them our best wishes." I said quietly. "But he is my best friend and I can't see him die." He said holding my hand. "he will not. Nothing will happen to Ezra as long as I am alive." I promised. Now to see the source of this poison.

The cake? No it would be too obvious and beside she cannot poison the whole party can she unless there is something else what if it is a drink?

Or maybe something else poisonous flowers? Come on think what she can do to make it her happy ending? How can she be not too obvious that he did not died of poison.

A drop of alcohol would be dangerous for him now He have to abstain completely from alcohol.

What if it was all planned the alcohol poisoning at the beginning and her arrival and her making claim that she is carrying his child at the time when he was most vulnerable?

What if she planned this all along that means someone have to be on her team .But who it could be to such thing without getting noticed?

Someone close to him too close not to suspect

Lucian? No he cannot be the one. He is the one helping us. Then who? I looked around the room where the reception had been held.

The champagne flutes were served . Alcohol mild and it may not hurt him but it surely is a good way to hide the poison. But every bottle cannot be checked can it?

And what if she is already on to it? What if she is already giving him the poison all the time? Then what? I have to find out before it is too late . I may not be married to him but I am sure will protect him against every odd.

There it is special wine for bride and groom. But she is pregnant she cannot drink wine can she. Then why it is two glasses there? I walked there and they announced

"the special wine for vitality, youthfulness and the long life of the couple. May god bless Ezra and Natasha and they happy a happy wedding life ahead" Said the announcer.

I have to stop him. I was going there But I felt a pin prick no... I felt like losing consciousness. Have to stay awake. Have to save Ezra.

"Ezra" I shouted with all my might. His eyes snapped at mine. "Don't drink that wine I..It is poisoned." I tried to get out.

"She is joking Love who would poison your wine and don't listen to her she is drunk." Natasha said. I have hard time to keep conscious.

"Look she will drop anytime." "No please Ezra if you ever loved me don't touch it I b...beg of you" I said and everyone gasped.

"I don't love you I am married and she is right you are drunk..." Ezra caught me effortlessly. "You look beautiful I know you will never believe me so I am just going to prove you." I picked up the glass and chugged it down that contain wine.

"No" Natasha said. "What have you done?" She asked. "Proved him that I was right and I loved him and nothing can harm him till I am alive" With that I gave in to darkness.

Word count: 1034 words