Chapter 17

I looked at Brown eyes of Samuel. It was the same cafe I landed into few days ago. I was hurt then and surprisingly I am hurt now. Samuel was locking up the place when he saw me. "Rosa? What are you doing here at this time?" He asked. "Running away?" I said more like a question than an answer.

"Are you hurt?" he asked. I nodded. "I was just going home would you like to come?" He asked. I nodded again. He held my hand and I saw his eyes adoring me. He is so cute for his own good. He unlocked his car and told me to get inside. I did the same.

I was trusting a stranger why am I trusting him again? He drove to the richer side of New York city and parked at the garage. "Come Rosa" He said softly. "Thank you for having me" I said. "No problem Rosa you are a friend to me." He assured. He pushed the elevator and then we came to his apartment. It was a penthouse suite. How on earth just s simple cafe owner afford this i have no idea.

"So I think you have heartbreak and I have a very simple cure for it. I make a mean Hot chocolate and I will add some marshmallows what do you say?" He asked, I smiled. "You read my mind." I said. It was like we are twins and he can read my mind as easily as I can read his.

My phone rang for the first time in entire night. I decided to ignore it. I knew nothing good will come if I attended it now. It buzzed again. I Took my phone and put it on silent. Minutes later Sam arise from Kitchen carrying two mugs of hot chocolate in his hand with marshmallows. Yum.

He smiled looking at my expression. "Go on try it" he said, I blew over it and softly drank it a little. I moaned at the taste. It is just so good. "Told you I make a mean hot chocolate. Now tell me what happened Rosa" He said and I started to tell him my story.

He placed me on bed I don't even have strength to keep my eyes open after finishing the hot chocolate. "Sleep Rosa. I am just in the room next to you darling" He said softly kissing my forehead. I leaned into his touch and it somehow made me smile made me feel safe and secure. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up with sore muscles as the clock ticked six. I was in an unknown bed. But I was fully clothed. I saw my cell it had one hundred and thirteen missed calls and ten voice messages. Who could be calling me like this? I sat up on the bed and then saw someone enter my room. It was none other than Sam.

"Good morning sleeping beauty. Time to wake up and have some of my famous waffles" he said putting a plate on my bed. Breakfast on bed what I did to deserve this treatment? I dug into the delicious goodness. "It is so good where did you learned to make it?" I asked.

His eyes moistened. "My mamma used to make them for me and my sister. I haven't seen her in years. I don't know where she is. I was eight My sister was three when they got divorced and separated. I haven't seen them since." He said. Poor guy. "It's ok Sam You will find them again someday. I hope" I said. "I hope so Rosa that would be my happiest day." He said stroking my hairs softly.

"I have bought you this" He said giving me a pair of jeans and a new shirt with jacket. "Sam you didn't have to" I said. "It also have under garments don't worry I guessed your size Now get dressed." He said walking out and giving me my privacy. Poor guy I hope he finds his family soon.

When I walked of the room there was this commotion . Someone was threatening Samuel and I don't like his tone. I walked towards them and saw the thing that made my blood boil. Ezra was holding Samuel by his collar and behind him was FBI agents pointing gun at him.

"Leave him the fuck alone Mr. Olyphant. You are hurting my family." I shouted at him. Ezra and Samuel both looked at my direction. I pulled Samuel away from him. "Do not ever come near my family again" Samuel hugged me softly. "Are you alright Sam?" I asked. "I am fine no need to get worked up over this hermana" He said. Ezra looked at him sharply.

"Please leave" I told Ezra. "You are coming with me right now Rosa or I will charge him with kidnapping my girlfriend" He said. Samuel chuckled. "Girlfriend? Last time I checked she was mine not yours. And what kind of boyfriend cheats on his girlfriend in front of her eyes.?" He asked. "Sam leave it. I am getting late for class." I said. "Yes and I am getting late for opening my café so if you men excuse me we are all have to work for leaving" Sam said.

"Come on Hermana I will drop you off and then I will go to my café" He said, "Don't you dare Rose. Don't you dare walk away from me." Ezra said. "I am sorry sir but as much as I know I am not your girlfriend I am just your secretary and that also a temporary one. But you already know that don't you. I will see you after class in your office that is if I am still working for you Sir" I said.

"See you at twelve miss Adams" With that Ezra left. "He was quite possessive over you Hermana" Sam said. "Yeah tell me about it. I hate it. I just want to go to home and return to my mother help he r out she is not getting young." I said. "you can always work for me. I need another manager for my downtown café " He said. "You own more than one?" I asked astonished. He just laughed in response.

Word Count: 1052 words