Chapter 19

I was not the family and I don't know where his family was. I have no one to refer to maybe some old employee can tell me something but first I need to get out of these cloths which have smell strongly of Whisky. I walked out of the hospital after they said that they will only give information to their family and I know none sadly.

I called a cab and told him my present address. I took a shower and changed my cloths and searched home in order to track any number that can help me to inform his family. But there was no one there. No one in his phone contacts either. Only source was his friend whom I don't know. I shied and called that number.

A raspy voice replied as if he was in middle of something. "Bloody..." He started but I cut his off. "Sir This is Mr. Olyphant's secretary speaking. He dranked too much and fainted and well this was only number I found listed in emergency numbers. They are not releasing information well and I don't know whom to contact" I released my breath.

"which hospital?" He asked. "St. Mary" I said. "I will meet you there in five and tell me if that bastard wakes up before that" He said. "Ok sir" He cut the call. I shied and put my joggers. And I ran downstairs again. I hailed a cab and told the hospital address. There was the press surrounding the area. I walked inside quickly.

I was waiting for the mysterious guy in waiting room. When I saw the person arrive. He was dressed in sharp suit and walked directly to me. "I am Lucian his best friend and you must be his PA." He said. "Yes I am Rose Adams" I said. He nodded. "Did they told anything?" He asked. "Not to me I am a nobody." I said.

"Ok then I will go talk to them you wait here for me." He said. "Ok then" He said. I wanted to know what happened. I wanted to know because it was killing me inside. I wanted to walk and demand to know about him tell them he is my boyfriend . But I cannot because I am not . I am just paid girl for warming his bed at night.

I was about to go out because of a commotion that arise in his office. As his PA I have to make sure that press don't publish the false statement. Mr. Night returned. "Any news yet?" I asked. "Excessive drinking and alcohol poisoning apparently but nothing is damaged he have to abstain from alcohol from now on" He said then he muttered something like idiota under his breath.

"I have to go and handle the commotion in his office" I said looking down. "No you should stay I will do the press release as the Co Owner of Olyphant 's I will do the press release You just take care of him until I settle things down." He said. "I am not a family member" I said. "But you are his girlfriend are you not Miss Adams in a way you are family since he haven't got any." He said.

What? He don't have a family? Why? And why didn't he told me anything about it? "Ok I... I will take care of him" I said. I walked inside the room he was in. I almost cried seeing him like that. His body was connected with tubes and he looked barely alive. Oh god no what have you done with yourself Ezra? And why have you done such a thing?

I sat down maintaining my distance from him. I don't want him to wake up and shout at me. He was unconscious now I don't know when he will wake up or if he will wake up. No I have to think positive . I have to think positive about him.

He will be alright. God I want him to be alright. No matter how he have treated me I still want him to be ok. He is part of my life I don't want to lose. No I am not that much heartless. I don't want any kind of harm come to him.

I woke up with frantic beeping of the machines. I saw commotion in the room and the nurse ushered me out. I don't understand what was going on. I said that I was to wait outside his room until the doctor's are done. I silently prayed for him to be alright. And I saw the calls and texts. Most of them were from Ezra.

Another voicemail notification appeared I opened it. And listened. "Rosa I am sorry for everything. I am sorry that you have to saw it. But I was mad . I was mad with you. I was mad that some random stranger can make you happy with a simple gesture and I cannot. I am sorry for doing that. Please come back to me little one. I will wait till you walk through that door and into my arms. Because I cannot see you in anyone else's arms. Please Come back"

A lone tear slipped out of my eye. I sniffed and tried to control my tears but they kept on flowing down. I don't know what to do. He sounded so vulnerable .

he sounded so broken and today the way he behaved it made me think how little I know about him. But he never opens up to me. I just known him from what four days? And he is already invaded my presence .

I am afraid I am going to drown and No one can pull me again. I am afraid there will be no escape once I enter through that door leading me in the endless abyss.

The one from which I cannot escape ever even if I try but now I have no choice but to do this. No choice but to walked on the road it will lead me to and no choice but to live with a broken heart at last.

"Family for Ezra Olyphant" I walked inside. "I am his girlfriend there is no other family he has got" I said. "Ok then here is a good news he is awake and for now he is out of danger but you have to take good care of him and see that he will not touch a drop of alcohol from now" I nodded.

Word Count: 1091 words