Chapter 34

I looked at him. He looked good in his sharp charcoal pinstripe suit. It was one of which I selected for him. I cannot believe he wore that. He never liked anything but plain black suits in his wardrobe and white shirt and black pants as well. So it is quite surprising that he actually wear this one.

"Are you alright little one?" he asked. I loved his term of endearment for me. I love his everything alas he doesn't loves me. "I am fine sir I am here just to give you this" I said giving him the envelop. He opened it and then his eyes turned hard. "Leave" he said. "Not you, you stay" he pointed to me.

I sat back down. He closed the door to his office now it was me and him again in his office into the closed space. "So you want to resign miss Adams and can i know why?" He asked. "Because I cannot work here sir I have a mother to look after" I said not looking into his eyes.

"Or you want to run away from here and me" How right you are always the correct one aren't you Ezra?

"I just want to provide a better tomorrow for my mother sir" I said without shuttering. "Then why aren't you telling that to me while looking into my eyes?" Ezra asked. Because I will shatter and I am afraid that you can see the truth in my eyes. Truth that how much I love you.

"look at me Rosa. Look me in the eye and say that you don't want me" He said . I refused to look into his eyes.

"I am moving out of New York city after my exams are over Sir. I have them in two weeks." I informed him. I just got news from the professors that I have an early exams with all those extra credit students and I cannot be more happier.

"If that you want then Rosa be it" If you only knew what I want. If you only never treated me as a play toy. If you only had fought harder for me to stay. If you only said that you love me like I do then this wouldn't have been happening here.

No we would have been happy. But there is alas no happy ending for us in this. No happy ending for me. My mother was right to say that never ever fall for a billionaire.

"I accept it. I accept your resignation and I free you from my contract but I still will provide for you for a year as stated and I will leave a hundred million dollars at your disposal." He said in a cold voice.

"I...I just want my last pay check sir not anything else from you. I don't want any support nor any money from you" I said still not looking at him.

"Little one" My eyes snapped at his direction. His hazel eyes were pool of so many emotions. "I am freeing you from my contract. I am not freeing you from me. Like I said I don't want to change anything that is related to you. Not any memory. Not that room that still smells like you. Not your touch that you have put in my house or my soul. Nothing I will ever change. You will always have a place in my house " He said.

But do I have a place in your heart? Did I ever had that place in your cold UN-trusting heart? I nodded not saying the words. The words I wanted so hard to say and It is so hard to form and harder to utter out of my mouth.

"Ask it" he said softly. "What?" I asked. "Asked the thing you want to so bad or you may never ever get another chance." He said.

Why I won't get another chance? Why is so? "Will I ever would had a place in your heart?" I asked it not looking in his eyes only to see the disappointment on his face. He put his fingers under my chin and made me look at his face.

"Little one you always will be in my heart. You captured it I met you for the first time" I gasped at this confession was it possible for this cold hearted brute to fall in love with me? "I love you in a sense but I can never be in love with you." That broke my heart all over again. "Oh" I said disappointed in me not in him. I can never be disappointed in him.

I clutched my hands tightly. I know this was how it was going to end. But still my heart had been fighting against me . "I...I have to go" I said. But my feet refused to move my heart felt heavy. The small box in my pocket which I have bought for him felt heavy.

He moved closer to me and hugged me tightly. "Come home tonight for one last time. I want to spend a last night in your arms. Just one last time." He said.

"I can't you have a girlfriend and I am free of your contract. Thank you for helping me all this time Mr. Olyphant. I appreciate what you have done for me. Please refrain killing yourself with alcohol again. I will not be there this time to nurse you back to health." I heard him chuckle.

He moved back and looked at me. I just want to kiss him for one last time. I think he knows what I am thinking because his gaze fell on my lips then at my eyes.

"Come here little one" I walked to him closing the distance . He held my waist and pulled me closer. "I will miss you sleeping by my side." He said softly. And I will miss all of these. All of you.

He placed a sweet kiss on my temple and then atmy nose finally claiming my lips for the last time. I kissed him back pouringall my love in it. I felt all his body pressedagainst mine. He pulled back and picked me up bridal style walking towards hispersonal lift.

"One last time little one. One last time" He said placinganother kiss over my temple placing me in his car and driving off towards hishouse.

Word Count: 1074 words