Chapter 30

I looked at the faces of the people who worked with me. I looked at the face of James who was looking at me sadly. But it was good that he and his friends were not judging me. But looking at me with pity. I hate that look.

James opened his arms for me and I just ran into them. "It's ok I know it hurts to see him like that but he is always so hung up on that girl. He never saw how toxic it was for him. And pushing a girl who had loved him truly was only thing that he had done bad for his reputation and for himself." He said stroking my hairs.

We all are currently sitting in a club. James knows that I was his girlfriend. He knew all along. Sorry I was now his ex- girlfriend. Now I am free totally from this burden. I am free to chose a life be with anyone I want to be with.

All that remained was few things he had given me. Like the silver charm bracelet hung with my wrist only thing that I kept from him.

"You don't let go of the gems like her from your life Ezra is a fool" Neil said drinking another shot. No Neil I am the fool for not paying attention to the warnings and I did what my mother said not to do. She said not to fall for a billionaire. And I fell for Ezra hard. I love him so much. It hurts so bad. He is my first love my first for everything. My first kiss. I gave that guy my innocence.

I cannot help but bust into tears once again. Neil and Trisha hugged me. "It's ok darling. You can come and live with us for few days or you can go with the boys." Trisha said. "I have a good idea. Why don't we all go out some place for this thanks giving vacation?" Patrick suggested. I thought of my mother and of Samuel. I promised to spend it with him.

"I already promised it to My brother Sam that he and I will visit mom." I said. "Wait Samuel King is your brother?" James asked in shock. "Yes he is in a way. I am going to work for him in few days. I am planning on resigning from this job and move to a different continent if that helps." I said. "Then you will be defeated by that witch easily.

Trust me when I say this do not leave Ezra alone. She wants him alone. She never have loved him all she is in love with is money. She keep on jumping from one person to another on basis of their bank account balance." James said bitterly.

"How do you know this?" I asked. Neil signalled me not to ask but it was already out of my mouth. And I cannot take my words back now. "It was because she was engaged to me before she moved to Ezra. And Only because he used to be my best friend and was richer than me." What?

"James... I am sorry I shouldn't have asked it" I said. "He and I are foster brothes so is Lucian. I got adopted into a family and so did Lucian Ezra however didn't but I told my parents to take Ezra in and they did. We three are best friends but then it happened.

I was so clueless that my fiancé and my best friend were getting like this, When I found out she said she was pregnant with Ezra's kid and they will going to get married. Ezra didn't defended me or said anything. It broke my heart that my brother did this to me"

James was heart broken too like Ezra. "Ezra didn't defended me in front of her. She called me a whore and he stayed mum." I said putting my empty glass down. "Whisky neat" I ordered. "Because of her she put a strange kind of spell of everyone. She really is a real life witch" Trisha said and held James hand.

"But I am glad James is out of her trap. But I cannot say same for Ezra" She said leaning his head on his shoulder.

"You know what we can go to California for some time. I will talk to Sam and we will go. He owns a restaurant there too the same one I have to manage. I will be leaving this place soon." I smiled at James. He smiled at me sadly.

"Ok ay than you talk to your brother and I make these ones ready." I should ask Damien Myra and Lucian too. It would be good outing this weekend which is two days away. I can talk to my mother that this year I am going to go California with my friends for thanks giving holidays.

I walked into my apartment and found Myra and Damien sucking faces. Oops. They looked at me and broke apart. "Hola Rosa" Damien said smiling at me. I smiled too,

"Get a room guys" I said looking at my friend who is red all way to her neck to her cheeks to her other parts.

I picked on my food and Myra asked the reason for it. I didn't said anything. I said I was just tired and I needed a good night sleep. As I expected Ezra didn't called. I knew he wouldn't. I slept in his shirt which smells like him.

It brought me sense of calmness. I am feeling heavy hearted. I need to walk away from here. I have to walk away from here or else I will just cry my heart out.

I barely got any wink of sleep all night long and the reason again was the dark eyes running through my mind all night. But for now I will just focus on my job and on my studies and I will move out of here maybe I can ask my professors for the extra credits he has been talking about maybe somehow I can tell Ezra without even letting him know that I am walking away from him for sanity of my heart. Maybe he will understand. Someday that is.

I held my pillow as I tossed and turned that night. I remembered what James had said to fight for what I love but I know I cannot I will end up much more broken than before.

So I sat up and took my laptop started to writing an application for availing my extra college credits. This is for the best. This is for me and my sanity.

Word Count: 1117 words