Reece Healy

DISCLAIMER: i'm not british so sorry if i get some slang wrong or whatever. i haven't seen all the avenger movies(ahh fake fan, ik ik) so don't quote me on anything i get wrong about them. i make mistakes and my spelling is horrible, don't be the asshole that corrects me every fucking chapter, thanks.

happy reading,

~Hazel

~~~
(Reece's POV)

Being a superhero sucks. Literally.

The movies make it seem so much cooler than it actually is. In reality, it's so much more harder than that, so much more complicated. There's so much more death, and no one can come back to life in reality. Movies are expectations, and my life is the reality.

Plus, there's no cool uniforms. No love life. No fame or popularity. No one thanks me. No one knows who I am...

It all started with an internship at an institute lab of science and technology. I thought for sure I'd get a scholarship for college through it. Which, was a total utter waste of my time, I guess, because I didn't even end up going to college; I never could have. Even if I really wanted to. And I did want to.

Anyways, long story short, I was there at the lab after hours when I wasn't supposed to be, touching some things that I'm sure the government doesn't even know about, somehow finding a rock filled with radiation that I ended up stealing. I don't know what kind of radiation it was, but instead of killing me, it made me stronger. Almost inhuman.

It was weird at first. At first, I hadn't noticed at all. Gradually, I got the gist of it when I figured out I had super strength and could literally walk on the ceiling... and pick up things with my mind. It's really cool and really stressful all at the same time. The rock gave it away as the object possessing me with the powers when the lab found out it was missing and one of the scientists had caught me.

That scientist is one of the only people that knows about my 'superpowers', as he likes to call them. William Keed, is his name(I call him Will); a fifty two year old man, having devoted his entire life to science. And I'm his favorite subject. I'm like his lab hamster he studies and tries to come up with conclusions for, but he never figures it out.

The other people that know about my abilities is a group from a top secret base... almost? They're kinda like the government except they deal with all things Supernatural... and people like me. They're kinda connected to the government, but only certain, really important people know it's an actual thing.

They call themselves the SNA,(the SuperNatural Association) and I work for them. They give me cases, I do what has to be done, save the world, whatever.

But I think Will is the only person that keeps me sane between my real life with my family and this insane life of saving people. My father died when I was a child, so Will was that father figure in my life that I never really had. Plus he was the only person I cared about who knew the truth.

I'm eighteen, living with my Grandmother in London, England. After my dad passed and my mum ran off when I was eight years old, I've lived with her ever since. And after the superhero stuff that all began when I turned seventeen, forcing me to drop the whole uni dream, I promised my grandma that I'd attend a community college.

I go for her, not for me. School isn't my life anymore and I have to focus on my actual job, even though I can't tell her the truth. She thinks I've fallen apart, when I've actually been doing better than I could have ever thought(occupational wise). And yes, the SNA does pay me. But even if they didn't, I'd still probably be trying to save the world. Just maybe focusing more on the whole community college thing.