We Did It

(Peter's POV)

It now being eight thirty, Reece and I made our way out of my apartment, to Cuffman's motel room. Ned stayed behind at my house to watch the footage on my laptop and would call us if anything that didn't go as planned happens.

Happy came as promised to my apartment with Reece's meds and left shortly after that. I wanted to ask her about it, but I also didn't want to pry. She was talking quietly on the phone with Happy so I'm assuming she doesn't want me or Ned to ask about it. So I don't.

It was about eight fifty when we got to the motel Cuffman was staying at. His blinds were closed so we couldn't see inside his room. Reece and I decided to sit behind that brush and hide like we did the first time we came here. Once we're situated, Reece pulled out her phone with a text from Ned across her screen that said Cuffman was still asleep.

"Your contact name for Ned is 'Noodle Ned'?" I ask, laughing softly.

"Yes." Reece cracks a smile. "We have this inside joke... long story..."

"What's your contact name for me?" I ask curiously, smirking at her.

"Spidy Pete." She answers proudly.

"Oh my god."

"Oh, yeah? What's mine?"

"Reesey Piecey." I chuckle at my own contact name for her.

"I'm not candy, Peter Parker!" She laughs too. I love it when she says my full name. I don't know why, maybe it's just the way she says it so knowingly that I love hearing it come out of her mouth. I really don't know.

We then calm down a little, me peeking over the bush for the thousandth time, just to be safe.

"Okay, so we put this flash drive back... but then what happens after that? How are we gonna catch this guy?" I ask, whispering to Reece.

"I guess we'll have to catch him redhanded." Reece responds, shrugging, not entirely sure herself.

And then Reece gets another text.

Noodle Ned: HE'S AWAKE!
I REPEAT, HE'S AWAKE!

Both Reece and I stumble to our feet, gazing over the bush. We watch closely for a moment, waiting to see if anything will happen.

Just then the motel door opens and Cuffman walks out, slowly studying his surroundings. "So, the Avengers have come to return my flash drive?" He speaks loudly, making my heart sink to my stomach.

"Shit!" Reece hisses, both of us hitting to the ground, still hiding behind that bush. She then looks over at me, staring into my eyes. "You better suit up, Spidy."

So I grab my backpack and start to take off my jeans. Reece looks over the bush again, watching Cuffman intensely as I try to silently get on my suit. "You come out now." Cuffman announces.

"I'll distract him." Reece whispers to me. "You come out when you're ready."

"Reece, no!" I try and stop her but it's too late and she fully stands up now and steps out of the bush. And I have no other choice but to quickly get dressed.

"No, not the Avengers." Reece tells him. "Me."

"Wellons." Cuffman doesn't sound at all surprised. "Your whole situation did seem suspicious. Good thing I tried getting you expelled."

I can see her shrug out of the corner of my eye. "Yet, that didn't work."

I imagine him shrugging back. "You didn't stick around long enough for it to work."