Back To High School... Again

Tony was going through some paperwork or whatever, and I was bored out of my mind. I was spinning on one of those spinny desk chairs and Tony kept telling me to stop, but I ignored him as usual.

"Tony?" I ask, never ceasing to stop from spinning.

"I'll talk to you when you stop." He informs me, hunched over his desk, pen in hand.

I sigh in frustration and finally stop spinning, looking directly at Tony. "Tony." I say again.

He sighs as well, gazing up at me, dropping his pen. "Yes?"

I take a deep breath, staring into his eyes. "I want to go back to school."

Tony raises his eyebrows in confusion, hesitating as he stares at me to make sure I wasn't joking around. "What? Why?"

"Because I'm bored!" I complain, pouting. "I need something to do. I want to see my friends again. And if I can't go to school, the only other places I can go is Peter's apartment, but I'm obviously not going there anytime soon, and the Avengers tower, where I now currently live." I explain, as if he didn't already know this.

Tony hesitates, staring at me like I was absolutely crazy. "You hate school. You complained about it all the time."

"That was before I was put on lockdown." I remind him.

He sighs, shaking his head slowly. "Okay... if that's what you really want."

I nod firmly, sitting up a little straighter. "It is."

"You do know that you'll have to see Peter everyday, right?" Tony points out, making sure I was 100% certain on this.

I nod slowly, having already thought about that. "I know... I'll work that out."

Tony nods back, picking up his pen again. "Okay... You can go back Monday morning then, I guess."

"Great!" I stand up. "And Happy can drive me, right?"

"Yep."

~~~
(Peter's POV)

I haven't told anyone about mine and Reece's break up. May's the only one that knows, besides Mr. Stark and whoever else at Avengers tower. Ned doesn't know, Alex doesn't know, the rest of the school doesn't know(although not that they cared).

I didn't ever plan on telling Alex or Ned, even though every day they'd ask me how Reece was doing. I would never give them a straight answer. But on Monday morning, I surprisingly received a text from Reece.

Reesey Piecey: I'm coming back to school today
Just so you know

My heart did a little leap when I read her text. Last time I talked to her in person, we broke up. I haven't contacted her at all since then, even though it only happened last week.

Me: Okay, see ya there

I didn't know how she was going to act or how I should act, so I was pretty nervous. When I got to school, I met up with Ned like I usually do at my locker. "Reece is coming back today." Is the first thing that comes out of my mouth.

Ned raises his eyebrows. "Wait, really?" And now he seems excited.

I nod my head, my hands shaking from the nerves as I put my books into my locker. "Yeah."

"Well, let's go wait for her!" Ned responds, grabbing my arm and pulling me in the opposite direction. We'd usually wait for Reece in the mornings when she was consistently coming to school.

I then literally almost had a panic attack in that moment. I wasn't ready to see her again. To face her after what I said to her. I knew that the moment I saw her I would just break down... so I completely chickened out on going with Ned to wait for her, stopping in my tracks and tugging Ned back. "Actually, I can't. I have to get to English early to make up a quiz." I lie.