The Flash Drive

"I'm confused... why am I dropping you off at Peters?" Happy asked as we pull up to the curb of Peter's apartment building.

"Peter just needs help on a last minute project. He'd figure we'd do it before school." I lie, opening the car door. Peter and I decided to not tell Happy that we found Cuffman's motel room and that we're going to go through his stuff because that's, essentially, illegal. "Bye!" I exclaim as I get out of the car and slam the door closed before Happy could say anything at all.

I make my way up to Peters apartment door and knock. When the door opens, May stands before me, at first curious, but now she's giving me a wide smile. "Hey, Reece. You can come in. Peter's just finishing up." She says and opens the door wider so I could step in.

"Okay, thank you." I respond with a smile, closing the door behind me as I walk further into their apartment.

May opens her mouth, probably to start a conversation, but Peter cuts her off, yelling from his room. "May, is that Reece?!"

"Yes!" She calls back, smirking over in my direction.

"Tell her to come here!"

May looks at me, not needing to repeat what Peter had said because I was already listening. "I guess that's my cue then." I say, beginning to head down the hallway to his room.

"Tell him to hurry up so you're not late." May tells me.

"Okay." I say before finding my way to Peter's room and knocking on his closed bedroom door.

"Come in!" He calls out and I open the door and walk in. Peter is rushing around his room, trying to put his book bag together. "Shut the door." And I do as he says.

He then goes into his closet and pulls out his Spider-Man suit. "What are you doing?" I ask, staring at him. "You don't need to be Spider-Man to break into a motel room."

Peter hesitates, not knowing how to respond. "But... I..."

"You'll probably draw more attention to us if you do go as Spidy." I explain, moving to sit on his desk chair. "Pack it away, Parker."

Peter nods firmly, moving to go shove his suit into his backpack. "Good thinking."

He quickly zips up his bag before throwing it over his shoulders and tightening the straps. "Okay... ready?"

"But I just sat down..." I complain, looking up at him with a pouty look on my face.

Peter laughs, shaking his head. "Get off your ass, Healy." He then grabs my hand and pulls me to my feet. I swear to god one day his smile could save my life.

"Oi, that's Wellons to you, mister." I inform him, using an American accent with my fake last name.

"Well, excuse me!" Peter responds, in a fake, horrible sounding british accent.

I laugh at him, shaking my head. "Lets go." And I grab his hand, pulling him out of his room.

"We're leaving now!" Peter yells to May as we approach the front door. "Bye, May!"

"Bye, Peter! Bye, Reece! Have a good day at school!" She yells back from somewhere in the apartment.

~~~
(Peter's POV)

It only took us fifteen minutes to walk from my apartment to the motel Cuffman was staying at. The whole way there, Reece and I cracked jokes, making each other laugh hysterically.

But now that we've approached the motel, the mood is extremely serious. "Room five." Reece recalls as we inch closer to the blue painted doors.

"I think he just left. His car isn't hear." I tell Reece, scanning for his van but not seeing it anywhere.

Reece nods, taking a deep breath. "Good." We stand in front of room five and first Reece knocks on the door. We wait for a moment or two and no one answers, so now we can assume he's actually left.

"What now?" I hold my foot up to the door, preparing to kick it down. "Should I break it down?"

"What? No! Are you crazy?!" Reece stares up at me, keeping her voice low. "Do you want to get arrested?"

"No... sorry." I respond, putting my foot down and backing up a little. "I've never done this before."

Reece shakes her head, grinning at me. "I can tell." She's wearing a black sweatshirt, her hood over her head. I wore a dark blue one with my hood over my head as well. I felt like an actual criminal, and that my made my stomach churn. I had to constantly remind myself that we were doing this for the greater good.

Reece then pulls out a bobby pin from her sweatshirt pocket and unlocks the door with it easily. She opens the door and looks back at me before walking in. I stare down at her in utter shock, my eyebrows furrowed. "What?" She asks, her voice a whisper.

"This isn't your first time breaking into somewhere, is it?" I question, also whispering.

Reece puts the bobby pin away and shakes her head. "No. But..." She shakes her head. "It's a long story." Is all she says before walking into the motel room and I follow close behind her.

I close the door behind me and there's no need to turn on the light because of the amount coming from the window through the blinds. We look around, search everywhere, but all we find is a pile of dirty clothes and a laptop with a passcode.

Reece crosses her arms, shaking her head. "Oh, he's good..."

"Sociopaths are typically smart, I would assume." I respond, gazing around the room, maybe to spot something we missed. But there was nothing.

She sighs, looking back at the laptop. "We don't know anything about him so it'd be way too difficult to hack his laptop."

I nod in agreement, trying to think harder. We begin to look through everything one last time, just to make sure. I look in the bed, lifting up the pillow. But as I was switching the pillow from one hand to the other, I felt something hard inside of it. I stop what I was doing to unzip the pillowcase and stick my hand into it. I slowly lift my hand out of the case and pull out some sort of flash drive. I quickly throw the pillow to the side, grasping the flash drive in my hand. "Reece."

She looks up at me from the spot where she was sitting on the floor, as she had been going through a drawer. "Yeah?"

I hold out the flash drive I found and she gasps, springing to her feet. I almost forgot that one of her superpowers was a spring jump, so I was little confused at first when she jumped up so high and effortlessly; as if she were on a trampoline.

"I found it in his pillowcase." I say as she runs up to me, staring down at the device in awe.

"It was so obvious, we almost overlooked it! Peter Parker, you're a genesis." She says, staring down at the newly found flash drive. I can feel my cheeks turn a bit pink at her comment, making me smile. "Okay, after school, you look through the flash drive while I'm in detention. We find out what's on it, catch Cuffman red handed, and wa la, case closed!"

I nod along to her plan. But there was only one flaw that really stuck out to me. "What if we don't find anything on it?"

"We will, or else he wouldn't be hiding it." She points out, grabbing her backpack she dropped at the door.

"Okay... but what if we can't get into it? And he finds out it's missing?" I ask, grabbing my bag as well.

"We'll bring it back here before he comes back." Reece shrugs, reaching for the door handle. "He doesn't usually get back till late, remember?"

I take a deep breath and nod, following her out of the room. "Okay."

"Just... don't lose the flash drive, Spider-Man."