Granola Bars

(Reece's POV)

I woke up to my ears still ringing. But once I completely opened my eyes, it stopped. I blinked a few times, trying to get used to the bright light of the room. I take deep breath, slowly sitting up. My head was spinning a little, but not as bad as before. I gazed around the room, noticing that I wasn't on Peter's couch anymore.

I was in that same room Tony put me in at the Avengers tower after the first time I passed out on our last mission. Except this time, no one was waiting in here for me to wake up.

I rub my temple with my hands, mentally preparing myself to get up on both feet. I take a deep breath, swinging my legs over the bed and fully standing up.

I look down to see I've been dressed in a hospital gown. Last time Tony put me in this tiny hospital wing of his building, my clothes were left on one of the side tables, so that's where I looked to find them this time. Fortunately, they were there and I quickly got dressed into the blue skinny jeans and black t-shirt that was laid out for me.

I make my way out of the room, gazing at my surroundings before walking any further. I had my mind set on getting to the kitchen for a snack, realizing that I was absolutely starving.

Once I'm in the kitchen, I open the fridge, finding that I didn't want anything inside it. I then go and open the pantry and pull out a box of granola bars that I had bought when I was living here and never took them home. As I unwrap a granola bar, turning around, I realized two people had been watching me from the living room. I jumped, them having terrified me just then.

Both Tony and Peter were standing up, staring at me. Peter had obviously been waiting for me like he had been last time, because he was still dressed in his Spider-Man suit.

"God, don't do that." I complain, taking a deep breath.

"Reece?" Peter asked in a whisper, that anxious look on his face and some fear in his eyes.

"Why are you whispering?" I ask, also in a whisper.

"I'm not."

I raise my eyebrows at that before trying to clean out my ears, finding dry blood in my left one. They both slowly creep closer to me, watching me intensely. I put my granola bar down, covering my right ear with my hand, leaving my left open. "Say something." I demand.

I watch Peter's mouth move, but I couldn't hear anything at all. I then cover my left ear with my hand, leaving my right open this time. "Say it again." I instruct.

"Cheese pizza...?" And now I could definitely hear him.

"You went deaf in one ear." Tony explains, as if I hadn't already figured that out, moving around the counter that separated us.

"Really? Hadn't noticed." The minute I say it, I regret it. Don't be your stubborn, sarcastic self Reece and just take a deep breath. I lecture myself in my head. "Sorry, that was rude."

Tony chuckles, shaking his head at me. But when I don't laugh back, he becomes serious again. "The bomb went off and you were standing in a tender spot."

It was like everyone was talking really quiet and kinda muffled sounding in my right ear. In my left, I could only hear this constant buzzing, almost like waves crashing in the ocean. "Great, just what I needed." I roll my eyes, sighing. A huge scar on my face and now deaf in one ear? Life was really bringing me down right about now.

"Look, Reece..." Tony speaks softly, placing his hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry I made you go through with that. I wasn't thinking straight... I just wanted answers. None of this would have happened if I just hadn't thought about myself for once..." He shakes his head, starting to get a little emotional which through me way off guard. "I'm sorry."