DNA Needed

"I just wanna talk..."

"Yeah." One of the soldier agrees. "So do we."

"We knew you were coming." The other one says, as if it weren't already obvious.

"Obviously." Vision comments, crossing his arms.

"What do you want to talk to us for?" James asks them, desperate for some answers.

Both of the soldiers turns their heads in what I think is my direction. And I'm for certain they're looking at me once they're pointing at me. "Her."

I raise my eyebrows, my grip on Peter's hand tightening. I slowly point at myself too, more than confused. Bewildered, actually. "Me?"

"Yeah, you." The dude nods. "Renesmee, right?"

"It's Reece." I correct him, even though it probably wasn't the best time to.

Wait... how'd he know my name?

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Tony shakes his head, glancing back at me. "Slow down there, buddy."

"What do you want with her?" Loki asks before Tony could, cutting right to the chase.

Peter's grip on my hand tightens even more just as he steps slightly in front of me, sheilding me. "Do you think she knows, Jeff?" The soldier on the right asks the other soldier next to him.

"Obviously not, Dave." He responds, both of them continuing to stare at me.

"Know what?" Peter asks, but the way he says it sounds more like a demand than a question. I stay quiet this entire time because right now, I'm kind of terrified.

Jeff stares into my eyes, a snarky smirk spreading across his face. "Lea sent us."

My heart sinks into my stomach at her name. I can feel my throat start to close and my legs go numb. They were lying, they had to be. Everyone is staring at me now, obviously confused and searching for answers or some sort of explanation. I swallow hard, shaking my head. "Lea is dead." I sounded more confident than I felt.

The men start laughing again, hitting the table and leaning over from their hysterical giggling. "That's hilarious..." Jeff comments just as Dave pulls something out of his pocket.

"Oh, honey... If only you knew." He then holds up a little device that looks like some sort of remote, expect there's only one button and it's big and red. "You have thirty seconds to get over here before we blow this place up."

Everyone continues to watch me and there's so much anxiety eating away at me and I have no idea what to do. I don't even know if he's lying or not. And Peter doesn't move or loosen his grip, which makes this ten times harder.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., scan the room." Tony quickly says to his Ai.

"Scanning..." The woman's british accent that belongs to F.R.I.D.A.Y. echoes through the room. "The room is wired from top to bottom with high tech explosives. If one were to go off, it would kill anyone in a one hundred mile radius."

Tony sighs in frustration, biting his lip as he turns his head to look at me. "Okay... looks like we're doing this then." I decide, trying to pry my hand away from Peter's.

"What? No." Peter argues as I'm trying to walk around him.

"Peter." I look into his mask eyes, hoping he was staring back into mine. But I wouldn't know because I can't see them. "Let go."

Peter grunts in frustration, looking back at Tony who nods his head, agreeing with me. "What do you want her for?" Thor asks, his voice loud and deep, talking to the soldiers.

"We need to... discuss some things." Dave explains, his eyes fixed on me.

"We can't talk from across the room?" I question, now moving to stand next to Tony at the front of the group.

"It's a little more personal than that." Jeff adds.

I hate how everyone is just watching me. I need some sort of direction but no one's giving me anything at all. "Okay..." I shrug, slowly making my way towards the soldiers, Tony right at my side, thank god.

We stop just in front of the force field and the soldiers stare at us. "We need something from you." Dave hisses, keeping his voice low.

I cross my arms, annoyed. "What could you possibly want from me?"

The force field then opens, swallowing me inside it, but keeping Tony out. "Bad idea, bad idea!" Tony yells, realizing his mistake, banging on the side of it, trying to break the force field down, but it doesn't budge.

"Shit." I comment, sticking by the wall of the force field.

"Welcome." Jeff gives me a wide smile.

I take a deep breath in attempt to calm myself down as I remind myself to stay confident. "What do you want?"

All the Avengers are now surrounding the force field, which doesn't make me feel any safer. "Who's stupid plan was this?!" Loki freaks, also banging on the force field wall.

Now everyone is yelling and trying to break it down, screaming at each other and to me. "Loud bunch, aren't they?" Dave comments and Jeff rolls his eyes.

"How do you know Lea?" I didn't mean to ask it aloud, it just kinda happened. She was the one thing that kept coming across my mind.

They don't respond and Jeff slowly creeps towards me. I literally have no where to go so I just stay put. I then realize all the Avengers are now quiet, watching the scene play out. "Get away from her!" Nat screams just as Jeff leans in so our faces are extremely close to each other, but never touching.

He takes a small strand of my hair between his fingers, playing with it and I flinch. "I just need..." And he suddenly rips it out of my head. "This."

"What the hell?!" I try stepping to the side but his arm is in the way and I still can't go anywhere. I then raise my arm and tried to punch him in the jaw. But as my hand approached his face, it when through him, as if he weren't even there at all. Because he wasn't. And that's when I realized the soldiers were just holograms.

"All we needed was some DNA..." Dave explains as Jeff slowly backs away. I clench my hands into fists because now I'm furious.

"Right..." Jeff nods. "And uh, we were never really here." And then they just disappear into thin air. I huff in frustration, refraining myself from screaming as I rub my face with my hands.

What did they need my DNA for?
And why did they keep mentioning Lea?
Is she really alive or were they just messing with me?
And if she is alive, is she really working with Hydra?

The force field slowly disappears and everyone is quiet. But just before anyone could do anything, such as little as blinking, one of the bombs go off. And suddenly, everything goes black.