The Team

(Reece's POV)

When we got back to Peter's apartment, we were both drenched. May wasn't home so we used the front door instead of going through his bedroom window. Ned texted and said his mom needed him home so he wasn't here either. Peter grabbed us both some towels and we sat in his room on the floor, trying to warm up.

"This isn't working." Peter states the obvious. "You can borrow some of May's clothes. She won't mind."

So he grabs me a pair of May's gray sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt, and I'm instantly warmer(and dry). He also changes into his own sweatpants and a gray t-shirt. He then grabs the first-aid kid and I'm staring up at him in confusion.

"You're still bleeding..." He answers, popping the kit open.

"It's fine." I wave it off.

"Renesmee Healy, sit down." Peter says sternly, pointing at his desk chair.

"Because you used my real name, no. I will not sit down." I argue, crossing my arms.

"I don't understand you, I like your real name. It's pretty." He says, a small smile playing at his lips.

I try to hide my smile but it doesn't work as well. "I think it sounds like someone's trying to sneeze."

Peter shakes his head, smoothly grabbing my hand, interlocking our fingers and leaning down to kiss me. But he pulls away at the last second, just before our lips touched, and pulls me into the chair. "Peter Parker!"

"I'm sorry!" He exclaims, obviously not being sorry at all, grinning widely as he pulls out a wipe from the first aid kit. "Let me help you."

I sigh in defeat, giving in. "Fine."

He gives me a satisfied smile. "Thank you." And he uses the wipe to clean off the dry blood on my face.

"You're the only person that can break through my stubbornness, just so you know..." I informs him as he goes to grab the neosporin. "My grandma would say that's a superpower in itself."

Peter laughs at that, nodding in agreement. "I'd say so too."

I let him finish up and place a bandage on my cheek. "I have a question." He states once he's finished.

"Shoot."

"Can you only heal other people? And not yourself?" He asks, leaning against his desk.

"Only other people." I nod. Peter opens his mouth to respond, but Dana cuts him off.

"You have an incoming call from Happy Hogan. Should I answer it?" My watch asks me.

"Yeah, answer it." I decide, holding my arm up to my face to talk into my watch.

"Reece? Where are you?" Happy's voice echoes through the watch.

"Peter's house." I answer casually.

"Figures..." He pauses and I look up at Peter and crack a smile. "And he's listening too, right?"

"Yep." I nod.

"Good work today, guys. You've completed a mission without causing too much damage." Happy congratulations us with a backwards compliment, but I'll take anything at this point. "Boss wants to see you two ASAP. I'm already on my way."

Peter and I stare at each other. "Okay..." I respond slowly.

"I'll be there in five." And then he hangs up on me.

"Guess we're going up state then." Peter chuckles.

"Guess we are... I've got a huge decision to make."

~~~

We decided to not tell anyone that Peter and I have gotten together yet. So when Happy comes to pick us up, we pretend like we're just friends, which was our usual.

The ride to the Avengers building was almost suspenseful in a way. I could tell Peter was on edge about me deciding if I wanted to become an Avenger or not. Even since I told him that I had a 'huge decision to make' he's been anxious and jumpy.

I would like to grab his hand and squeeze it to reassure him, but I also don't want Happy to find out just yet. I still haven't even decided if I'm going to be staying or not. I guess I'll just wing it and let my heart say whatever it wants in the moment.

When we all emerge from Happy's car, he looks back at us with his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "You fought crime in sweatpants?"

I don't know why but his comment made me laugh my ass off. "No, no, no." Peter explains as I'm practically on the ground in laugher hestarics. "We got rained on and needed some different clothes."

I take a few deep breaths, giggling here and there as we head to the elevators. "Happy, you kill me."

"I can tell." Happy chuckles back, nodding. And in that moment, I could tell Happy wants me to stay just as much as Peter does.

I wonder how Tony Stark feels.

When the elevator doors slide open, Happy's the first to walk out so Peter and I follow him. Tony is already there, waiting for our arrival. "There they are!" He comes over to us and puts an arm around each of us(Peter and I, not Happy lol). "You two did great today."

Peter grins up at his boss. "Thank you, Mr. Stark."

"Yeah." I nod. "What he said."

"I'm just gonna cut right to the chase here." Tony let's go of us to stand in front of us. "So..." He looks in my direction, a warm smile one his face. "What do you say, kid?"

I hesitate, gazing around the room. Peter's staring at me anxiously, his face a bit pale. Happy's got a small smile on his face, watching me closely. Tony stares at me too, a proud look on his face.

When I truly think about it, I didn't think I'd ever get this far with these powers. I honestly didn't think coming here could impact my life so much.

I've met a cute boy named Peter Parker who's the most selfless person I've ever met. I've made two friends(Alex and Ned) at a place I've hated all my life. I've built bonds with so many people(Happy and Tony) who've helped me along the way. Today I stopped a man from doing illegal trades and from murdering any more people.

...I think I'm gonna like it here.

I take a deep breath, looking back at Tony. "I guess I'm an Avenger now." I answer with.

"Yes!" Peter shouts in excitement, trapping me in a tight hug.

"Alright!" Happy cheers too, applauding as if I've just won some sort of great achievement award. Vision appeared at some point and began clapping along with Happy.

I laugh at it all, finally turning to see Tony's reaction when Peter finally let's go. And Tony's looking at me with the most genuine smile that I can't help but grin back. "You'll make a great aspect to the team." He nods.

"Wait." I hold up my hand and the entire room goes silent.

"What?"

"I'll join the team... On one condition."

Tony's smile brightens even more, as if I've said exactly what he wanted me to. "Name it."

"I can live here, in New York, with my grandmother in our own flat... or apartment... whatever you Americans call it." I state, very matter of factly.

"Deal." Tony decides. "Hell, I'll even pay your rent."

"Wow... okay." I nod, taking a deep breath. "Thank you."

Tony smiles, nodding back. "Welcome to the team."