We Have Time

The entire bus ride was silent. Literally, the whole way back to school, no one said a word. Everyone was still so shaken up about what had happened.

I found out earlier that day that Steve was right. The only person that was killed and/or injured was the Hydra agent that shot himself in front of me. I asked Peter why him dying didn't trigger him as much as it did me, and Peter confessed that he wasn't even looking at the agent when it happened. His eyes were watching me the entire time.

When we got back to the school, everyone's parents were there to pick them up, hugging and crying with their children. I followed Peter to where May stood in the parking lot next to her car. She engulfed both Peter and I into a hug, squeezing us tight. "I'm so glad you two are fine... No more school trips, okay?"

This makes Peter chuckle softly and me smile. "Okay." He agrees as we all pull away.

I then felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see who was behind me, only to find Happy Hogan standing before me. "Happy?"

"Tony sent me to pick you up." He explains, pushing his sunglasses further up onto his nose. I could've gone home with Peter and May, but whatever...

"Okay, then..." I glance back at May and Peter. I give May one last hug and I place a soft kiss on Peter's cheek before parting with them to go with Happy.

"I'll text you!" Peter calls out to me at the last second.

I grin at him and nod. "Okay!"

When Happy and I reach his car, he opens the back door for me. "You okay, kiddo?"

I hesitate, nodding slowly. "Yeah... We all made it out alive, so I guess that's what matters, right?"

Happy takes a deep breath, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, you're right." I then slide into the back seat of Happy's car and he shuts the door behind me.

When we get to the Avengers tower, I walk in with hesitation and fear bubbling up in my stomach. Hydra was planning to attack us here, and god knows when they will. Steve gave me a vague of answer of when, but really they could attach at any moment. The door shuts loudly behind Happy and all of the sudden, Tony comes charging into the room.

I don't even have time to say hello as he just throws his arms around me and squeezes me against him. "Oh my god, you're okay."

"Yes." I confirm. "I have no bullet wounds." I respond as he pulls away to look at my face.

"Let's stay away from school trips, shall we?" Tony suggests. "Actually, how about staying away from school period."

I chuckle lightly at him, nodding along to his words. "I'm good with that."

Tony takes a deep breath, shaking his head. "You sure you're okay?"

I nod, giving him a small smile. "Positive."

"Okay." Tony nods back, breathing loudly. "So, are you hungry? We can get food from that chinese place you like."

I nod, definitely ready to eat. "Yeah, that sounds good. But first, uh, do you know where Nat is? I need to tell her something." I need to tell Natasha about what Steve said about Hydra coming to attack Avengers Tower so that she could tell Tony.

"You two are always chatting away. What do you even talk about?" Tony questions, teasing me with a grin on his face.

"Ya know, just... girl stuff." I cringe at my own response.

"Okay... She's probably in the training room." Tony then informs me.

"Great, thanks."

~~~

"Nat, you're a hundred percent sure she's coming?" Tony raises his eyebrows, sudden hesitation in his voice.

"A hundred and ten percent." She answers, crossing her arms. "If I didn't know for sure Lea was coming I wouldn't be telling you this."

Tony sighs with frustration, massaging his temples. "When?"

"The next Avengers meeting, so... Tuesday?"

"That gives us two days to prepare." I turn to Tony, trying to make him feel better about the whole situation. "We have time."

Tony drops his hands back down to his sides, staring at me intensely. "Usually you'd be freaking about this by now..."

I sigh, shrugging. "I can't let what Lea does phase me anymore or else we'll never be able to stop her." I respond with more confidence in my voice than I even thought possible. I was only confident because, obviously, I already knew Lea was coming. I've had plenty of time to freak out over it.

Tony's stare lingers on my face, looking quite skeptical. "Two days to come up with a plan to catch your syco mother..." He begins slowly. "Anyone got any ideas?"

~~~

My days of high school were officially over(for the second time). I didn't go back that next Monday, and nor will I ever. Tony says after we catch Lea, my identity should be hidden, all safe and secured, so I don't have to pretend to be a high schooler any more.

The only one who had a small fuss about it was Peter. I called him after Natasha told Tony about Lea, so I could break the news to Peter as well. "So what's the plan?" He asks anxiously.

"I'll have to get back to you on that..." I respond with. "We're still working on it." I was lying in my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I placed my phone next to me on top of a pillow so it felt like Peter was actually here with me. It's depressing, yet comforting all at the same time.

"Yeah, I can't imagine this will be easy..." Peter sighs. "Are you okay?"

"About the Lea thing?" I ask, already knowing the answer to my own question. "Yeah, I'm okay... I think I'm just ready for it to be over."

"Trust me..." Peter chuckles lightly. "We all are."

I smile at his little laugh. "What about you? Are you okay?"

"I'm good." He breathes. "Except for you not coming back to school. I'm not okay with that."

"Get over it." I laugh. "You're dating a college student, my friend, and always have been."

"Actually, I'm dating a college dropout." He points out and I gasp at his roast. I open my mouth to playfully yell at him, but he beats me to it. "Whom is the most beautiful and smartest person in the entire world, that I also love very much!"

I bite my lip, rolling my eyes, trying to fight the smile that is plastered to my face. "Yeah, nice save, Parker."

"I thought so." He agrees, chuckling lightly. "But, anyways, can I come over after school tomorrow?" He quickly changes the subject.

"Don't you have your last Academic Decathlon meeting?" I remind him.

"Yeah, but you're way more important than a school club meeting."

"Obviously." I tease him. "But it's your last one. Like, Ever. You shouldn't miss it."

"But I rather be with you!"

"I'm not going anywhere, I'll be here when the meeting is over!" I tell him. "I would pick you up but Tony officially has me on full lockdown mode. I can't even go out into the yard until this Lea thing is over."

"Agh, okay, fine..." Peter gives in. "I guess you're right. I'll go the meeting."

"Hey," I begin with a firm, yet joking tone, "I'm always right."