The Phone Number

(Peter's POV)

"Sorry, Happy." Both Reece and I apologize simultaneously.

"I'm taking Peter home and then we're going back to the Avengers building." Happy informs us, only giving us a single glance.

"Okay..." I answer, looking in Reece's direction who just gives me an awkward smile. We stay silent for a bit so Happy can cool off.

But then Reece turns her head to look at me. "We don't have to wear uniforms, right? I only ask because I had to at my old school."

I shake my head. "No, wear whatever you want. Well, almost anything you want... There is a dress code. I'll just send it to you."

She raises her eyebrows at me, cocking her head to the side, a smirk on her face. "Don't you need my number for that?"

My smile dropped. That was the most embarrassing moment ever. I could feel my face turn a bright red as I struggle to find the right words to say. "Uh... yeah. C-can... I mean, you don't have to... But, I was just..."

"Smooth." Happy comments, keeping his eyes on the road, but I could tell he was smirking.

Reece laughs, pulling out her phone. "You want my number or not, Spider Boy?"

"Oh!" And I can't help but smile as I pull my phone out from my pocket. "What is it?" She reads off her number and I type it into my phone.

I look up at her when she's done and give her a small smile. "Uh, thanks."

"No problem." She grins back, giggling softly at my awkwardness. Her smile is so pretty. Her smile made me smile.

And before I knew it, we were pulling up next to my apartment building. I unbuckle my seat belt and open my door before looking back at Reece one last time. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah... Oh! Wait! How are you getting there?" She asked, the question just dawning on her now. "To school, I mean."

"I take the subway." I inform her.

"I'll be driving you there." Happy turns around to tell Reece. "After school you'll take the subway with Peter."

Reece nods, looking back over at me. "Can we meet up when we get there?" She asks me, her eyes sparkling.

I nod, giving her a bright smile. "Definitely... I'll text you."

She smiles back and nods her head. "Okay."

I then step out of the car and look back one last time. "Bye, Reece."

"Bye, Peter." She says back. And I close the car door.