A Call From Tony Stark

"Gram!" I call out as I enter our flat, shutting the door behind me and throwing my keys onto the coffee table. "I'm home!"

My old grandmother comes limping in the room from the kitchen, an apron covering her clothes. "Well, it's about time!" She exclaims, waving her spoon frantically around in the air.

I giggle at her as I approach her, giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Sorry, I took the long way home." I lie straight through my teeth and I hate how easy it's become.

I wish I could tell her the truth but the SNA is really strict about keeping my identity on a low profile. So much that I couldn't even tell my own family. I probably would have told her anyways if Will didn't agree with the SNA. He'd said it's better if she didn't know, and that I could potentially be putting her in danger if I told her. And she'd never approve of me doing any of this either.

"Come on, I've made dinner." Gram grabs my hand, pulling me into the kitchen with her. The smell of garlic fills my nose and I squeal in excitement. I was starving.

"That smells amazing, Grams." I tell her, taking a seat right away at the table.

"I know." She responds, turning around to stir whatever was in the pot. I laugh at her, shaking my head. "Oh! That man from the lab called today... William? He said he needed to speak with you."

I snap my head up towards my grandma who still had her back turned towards me, her head over the steaming pot. "When did he call?"

"Uh..." She finally turns to look at me, thinking intensely. "About two hours ago. He said it was urgent." She pauses, looking into my eyes. "What could it be?"

The arsonist situation was less than two hours ago, so Will couldn't be calling about that. I shrug, looking away. "I don't know..." And I stand up. "I better go call him then."

Grams nods in agreement, turning back to her pot once again. "Just don't take too long. Dinner ain't good cold."

I nod, grabbing my phone and leaving the kitchen to go to my room where I close the door behind me and sit at my desk chair. The phone rings once before Will picks up. "Reece?"

"Will?"

"How'd it go?" He asks causally. The SNA keeps him updated on what I'm doing, upon his request.

"The London Eye? It was fine... why'd you call my house phone and talk to my grandmother?" I ask, wanting to get straight to the point.

"I have news." He tells me, sounding somewhat excited.

"Good or bad?" I ask anyways, just incase.

"That's up for you to decide." He tells me and I've never been so confused. "A group from America has contacted me. The Avengers."

Will pauses, waiting for a reaction out of me. "The who?" I ask.

"Seriously? You don't know the Avengers?"

"Can't say I do."

"They're all over the Telly on the American channels."

"I don't have cable."

Will sighs and I can imagine him shaking his head. "Anyways, they're a group of 'superheroes', I guess you could call them, and they want to recruit you. They're pretty popular in America. Tony Stark asked for you personally and wants to take you to New York."

I hesitate, letting all this information sink in. "Who's Tony Stark?"

Will sighs again, starting to get frustrated with me. "Then leader of the Avengers... but it doesn't matter! Do you want to do it or not?"

"Go to America and join some random group of superheroes? Seriously?" I ask, but Will doesn't say anything. "What's in it for me? Why do they want me? How do they even know about me? For how long? How does the SNA feel about this?"

Will laughs lightly. "You've always have been the girl of many questions."

"It'd be great if you could answer them." I point out.

"Reece, I think this could be a great opportunity for you. You'd be around people just like you that could help you more than I ever could." He tells me without answering any of my questions.

"Okay... but who are they?"

"They're the SNA of America, except better. They're a group of people with powers like ours, trying to save the world. Mr. Reedus knows Mr. Stark and he must've been talking you up or something. Either way, Stark wants you to travel to America and see what he's got to offer for at least a week." Will explains in further detail.

I hesitate, looking back at my closed bedroom door, trying to really think about this. "You really think I should do this?"

"Yes!" Will exclaims. "I think it's something you need to do... Plus you could always come home if it's not for you."

I sigh, nodding. "Alright... when do I start?"

"In two days. I'll drive you to the airport." Will says, sounding more excited than I was.

"Okay, then." I nod, even though he can't see me. "Thanks, I guess..."

"I'll call you tomorrow?"

"Alright."

"Bye, Reece."

"Bye, Will."

And I hang up with my head pounding and my mind spinning. What was I going to do in America with this group? Do they really except that much of me? I shake my head, deciding to sleep on it. It was all too much for my brain to handle at the moment.

~~~

I wrote this on the way home from a panic! at the disco concert with my friends screaming in the background and me having a pounding headache so don't expect much. plus my charger just fucking broke so that's great. life's great guys. yay me

still screaming,

~Hazel