Lies And Half Lies

After ice cream with James, I expect him to drive me home. But he doesn't. "Where are we going?"

"Avengers building." James answers, keeping eyes focused forwards on the road. "Tony wants to talk to you."

"Shit..."

Together James and I enter the Avengers living room where Tony is already waiting for us. "There they are." And he doesn't sound at all amused.

"Here we are." James confirms.

Tony looks directly at me and never breaks eye contact. "James, can I have a second with Reece?" He asks just as he stands up.

James glances back at me but nods. "Yeah..." And he exits the room.

I sigh, deciding to sit down on the couch, preparing myself for a lecture. "So... you're punching kids at school now?"

"It's a long story..." I respond with, leaning forwards to cover my face with my hands.

"It's a long story?! Seriously?!" Tony raises his voice. "What the hell, Reece?!"

"Why are you attacking me?" I sit up straight, staring up at him. "You don't know what happened." I say calmly.

Tony sighs in frustration, running his hands through his hair. "Fine, fine..." He looks over at me, crossing his arms. "What happened?"

I take a deep breath, standing up because I'm about to go on a rant. But then my phone starts ringing. I glance down at it to see that Peter Parker is trying to contact me. I ignore the call, shoving my phone back into my pocket. "Okay, so..." And I explained the whole homecoming, dead parents thing to Tony like I had to the principal.

Tony takes a deep breath, moving his arms to shove his hands into his pockets instead. "I didn't know that..."

"You didn't ask." I respond. "You assumed."

Tony bites his lip, shaking his head. "I'm sorry..."

"There's more." I inform him. "He... he uh..."

Tony raises his eyebrows, desperate to know what else this kid did to get me so worked up. "He... what?"

I think Logan calling Peter a fag was the thing that really broke me was because Peter just meant so much to me. He was such a good, genuine person(Spider-Man or not). He didn't deserve to get called something so hateful that he definitely wasn't. And it's not like Peter did anything to Logan in the first place. Logan's just the asshole and Peter's just the scapegoat.

"He called Peter a fag."

"Peter Parker?"

"Yes, what other Peter would I be talking about?" I complain again, just as I did James, flopping back down onto the couch. "Logan's just a dick and I couldn't take it anymore."

Tony sighs, rubbing his temples. And he doesn't even yell at me for swearing like he normally would. He hesitates, taking a seat on the couch across from me, looking in my direction. "Was it at least a good punch?"

I look into Tony's eyes and we both crack a smile before breaking out into a fit of laughter. "I broke this nose."

"Shit!" Tony laughs harder, now holding his stomach.

And we laugh until it hurts.

"Was Peter there?" Tony asks as the mood shifts back into a serious state, now him just being genuinely curious.

"No..." I answer.

He raises his eyebrows. "Are you going to tell him?"

I sigh, shrugging. "I dunno."