The Funeral

(Peter's POV)

Although May and I had done nothing all weekend, it seemed to go by pretty quickly. We had a movie marathon and moped around the house for the most of it.

The only time I talked to Reece was when she called about planning Ms. Healy's funeral. She was coming over on Monday so we could work that out. But other than that, I've been giving her the space she had asked for. Or at least, the space Mr. Stark had told me to give her. But even only being two days, I miss her like crazy.

She wasn't at school on Monday either, which I expected, but that lead up to me having to tell Ned and Alex why she wasn't there or why she hasn't been answering their texts or phone calls.

The week went by slowly, and I haven't been mentally present at all in school. How I even passed my calculus quiz was a mystery, even for me.

Ms. Healy's wake was on Thursday of that week so I had to take a day off of school. So did Ned and Alex, just to be there for Reece. I'm
not gonna lie, whole ceremony was depressing, obviously, and Reece hasn't really said anything at all.

She kept her head down and her mouth closed. But I kept close to her and she didn't try running away from me so I would call that a win. Some of Ms. Healy's friends were there, mostly other old people. Mr. Stark was there with Happy, and some of Reece's family was there that I didn't know she had.

Apparently she had a cousin named Tim who's a few years younger than us, an aunt Beth and an uncle Bob. I guess she isn't that close to them.

Will was there as well, and this was the first time I was meeting him so I was a little nervous. Reece had said it before, Will was like a father to her, and I wanted to make a good first impression.

Reece had stayed quiet and still until Will had walked through the door. When he did, she practically sprinted up to him and engulfed him in a hug. He picked her up off the ground in their hug, squeezing her tight. They exchanged a few words but I couldn't hear what they were saying.

Soon, they had made their way back over to where May and I stood, as we were watching them closely. "Uh, hey guys, this is Will." Reece introduces us, her voice quiet. "A family friend."

Will smiles at both May and I, nodding. "Nice to meet you." And his british accent is thick.

"This is May and Peter. My... other family friends." Reece informs him. Will holds out his hand and May shakes it first and then I do.

"It's nice to meet you too." May grins back.

"So you're the famous Peter Parker, huh?" Will acknowledges, looking in my direction. He probably sees the curiosity on my face as to why he'd call me 'famous' so he explains further. "Reece has told me a lot about you."

I smile at that, looking at Reece and her face instantly goes red with blush. I grin at her; it's a reassuring smile and she can't help but to smile back. "Really?" I ask, my gaze lingering on Reece's.

"Anyways," Reece begins loudly, wanting to desperately change the subject as she turns to look back at Will. But that was when some other people came over to Will, pulling him away from Reece, May and I. We all watch him walk away, him continuing to socialize with other people.

I lean down the slightest bit so I was Reece's height. "So you talk about me?" I whisper softly into her ear.

She doesn't look up at me but a small smile washes over her face. "Maybe..." But then it's like she remembers she shouldn't be happy or smiling, so her smile falls and she looks away.

I sigh softly, intertwining my hand with hers. And that's how we stayed for the rest of the service.

~~~
(Reece's POV)

After my grandmother's body had been put into the ground, her being officially gone, I went back to the Avengers tower with Tony. I sure as hell didn't want to go back to my grandmother and I's apartment alone, and I guess Tony already assumed I'd be going back with him so there I was, standing in the middle of the Avengers living room.

May had said something about me staying with them anytime I wanted at the end of the funeral, so I was definitely going to take up that offer one of these days. But I obviously couldn't full on live with them.

"You okay?" Tony asks, raising his eyebrows at me. I nod slowly, making sure to not make eye contact with him. "Do you want to go back to your place and start packing your stuff?"

This time it was my turn to raise my eyebrows at him. "What?"

Tony shrugs. "I don't want you living alone." He confesses. "Actually, scratch that. I don't think you can live alone."

And I wasn't going to argue with him because he was right. I'd be dead by the first day of trying to live and fend for myself. "So... I can live here?"

"Yep... That was the original plan anyways." Tony points out, giving me flashbacks to when he first showed me my room here in the Avengers facility building. "Your rooms ready, as it always is."

I hesitate, a small smirk spreading across my lips. "I thought you turned my room into an office?"

Tony chuckles softly, shaking his head. "No... it's the same as it's always been."

Either Tony knew I would come back, or he really wanted me to come back. Because he kept my room. I felt cared for in that moment, and Tony had obviously grown a soft spot for me, whether he admits it or not.

I grin widely at him. "Thanks, Tony."

He takes a few steps forwards and hugs me. I was a little startled at first, but eventually I hugged him back. "You're welcome, Reece."

~~~
(3rd Person POV)

Tony Stark had an obvious soft spot for the young teen. He didn't like to see her upset or sad, or simply not herself. He was worried about her. Worried about what will happen after today.

She's eighteen, therefore legal to live on her own. But Tony didn't want her to be alone, it worried him too much.

Whether Tony Stark admits it or not, he saw himself in Reece. He saw her as his own daughter that needed help. Needing saving...

After Reece had snapped at him for trying to put together her grandmother's funeral, he was angry and hurt. "I don't get why she doesn't want any help. She's a kid, for crying out loud." Tony Stark had complained to Happy Hogan.

Ever since Steve Rogers and Tony Stark had their falling out, Happy was Tony's go to for complaining about important stuff. "Tony, she just lost her grandmother. The grandmother that was more like a mother to her. She's upset, you can't take it personal."

Tony shook his head, rubbing his temples. "I don't, I don't... I'm just worried. I know what she's going through, I know the pain she's in..."

"Why don't you tell her that, then?" Happy asks, looking at Tony like it was the most obvious answer. And maybe it was... Tony hesitates, and Happy catches on. "Right, because you're both not good with your feelings."

Tony Stark doesn't respond, not quite knowing how to, knowing Happy Hogan was right. "She's going to ask May Parker for help. She asked me to drive her there tomorrow." Happy informs Tony after a long pause.

"Okay..." Tony breathes. At least she wasn't planning this funeral all alone.

"She just needs space right now, ya know?" Happy stands up, letting that sentence sink into Tony's brain. "You might wanna tell Peter that too."

~~~