The DC Trip

"All you have to do is fill his bowl with food and water twice a day." I explain to Tony again for the millionth time that day. I was even tired of telling him this same information over and over again, but I just didn't want him to forget.

"I know, I know." Tony answers. "Nox will be just fine, stop worrying so much."

"If you just told me to stop worrying then you don't know me at all." I respond with.

"Reece, I know you're going to worry. I'm just telling you not to worry too much. Go have fun and get drunk or something."

"Tony!"

"What? You're a teenager, live a little!"

I roll my eyes at that, gripping onto my suitcase handle. "You'll be okay without me?"

Tony rolls his eyes. "I have been for the past fifty years of my life, Mom." He teases me.

"I'm just making sure!" I argue, throwing my hands up in defense.

"Peter Parker sent you a text: Bus leaves in ten!" Dana then informs me.

"Tell him I'm on my way, Dana." I instruct her.

"Will do." She answers confidently.

"Call me when you get there." Tony tells me and I nod in response.

"Okay, I will." And I hug him goodbye.

"Remember to have fun." He says.

"No promises!"

~~~

Mr. Harrington greets me with a smile, a clipboard glued to his hand. "Reece, I'm glad you could make it!"

I nod, returning the kind smile. "Yeah, me too. Thanks for letting me come with."

"It's no problem." He waves it off. "I need help looking after everyone anyways." I know that when he says that last part, he is specifically talking about Peter Parker and the last time he ran off during an Academic Decathlon Competition two years ago. Peter obviously told me about his heroic Spider-Man save that day... if only Mr. Harrington really knew what Peter was up to.

But I nod along, as if I didn't know anything at all. "That's what I'm here for." I respond with a smile.

Mr. Harrington nods before turning to the rest of the kids in the club who were huddled by the bus, talking amongst themselves. "Okay, everyone, quiet down." And as if on cue, everyone shuts up and turns to look at the teacher and I. "For those of you who don't know, this is Reece Wellons. She may be your classmate, but on this trip, she is your chaperone. Meaning, she's also in charge. So let's follow the rules, be respectful and have fun! Alright, everybody on the bus!"

Everyone gathers their belongings and starts to pile onto the bus. Michelle greets me with a smile as she passes me, which I was kinda surprised about, but didn't show it when I smiled back.

Peter and Ned then came up to me both looking eager for the trip. "So Ms. Wellons, you're our chaperone now?" Ned teases me.

I roll my eye, smiling, before I decide to play along. "Yeah, I am. Get on the bus, Leeds."

Ned scoffs and then laughs before doing as I say and entering the bus. "Yes, ma'am."

I giggle at his response, shaking my head. I then glance over at Peter who's already staring at me. We were the last two standing outside the vehicle. "You two Parker, on the bus."

Peter grins at me, taking a step closer to me. "Whatever you say." He plants a soft kiss on my cheek, right next to my lips. "Ma'am." And he enters the bus.