London

I put my cell phone up to my ear, the anxiety continuing to grow in my stomach. "Grams?"

"Reece! Hello!" She greets me, sounding quite excited about my call. "You're coming home today, aren't you?"

I hesitate. "I am..."

And I can already tell she knows somethings up. I'm not the only one with superpowers in my family, I'm positive my grandmother can read minds or something. "What's wrong?"

I take a deep breath, fidgeting with a loose string that was hanging off my leggings. "They offered me a job, Grams."

"... In New York?"

"Yes..."

She gasps. "That's brilliant!" And she actually sounded excited.

"It is?" I question, raising my eyebrows. That wasn't the reaction I had expected out of her.

"Why wouldn't it be?"

I bite my lip. "I can't just leave you... And I know you don't want to move away from London."

"Who ever said that?" Grams quickly snaps back. "Reece, you're my granddaughter for crying out loud. If this is what you want, then I'm there for you."

My heart melted at her words. "You're okay with moving 3,459 miles away from London?"

"For you to do this and be happy... hell yes I am." And I knew she was smiling.

"Thank you, Grams..."

I imagine her shaking her head. "You don't have to thank me... now, I'm hanging up because I need to start packing."

"Okay, see you in a bit." I giggle at her. "Bye." And she hangs up on me.

Tony got me transportation to and from London. I went there to help my grandmother pack up the house, and together we flu back to Queens. But before I had left, Tony was trying to buy my Grams and I a new apartment so we'd have one by the time we got back. He kept showing me pictures of these really huge, expensive ones.

"Tony, it's just me and my grandmother." I inform him. "We don't need a huge fancy apartment."

"Why not?" He asked, still clicking away through the slide show he had made.

"Our neighbors a floor down from us just moved out." Peter speaks up. He was here because we were supposed to go to the movies today with Ned and Alex, but Tony wanted to get this done right away. "Maybe you could move there?"

I look back at Peter with a huge grin on my face. "Why didn't you say anything earlier?!"

He shrugs, that too cute, puppy dog, innocent look in his eyes. "I just remembered now."

I look back Tony, waiting for his opinion. "That's what you want? To live in the same building as Spider-Man?"

I grin at him. "Yes."

Tony sighs, giving in. "Fine."

"Great! Thank you!" I exclaim before heading towards Peter and grabbing his hand to pull him out of the room. "I'll be back later!"

And in that moment, I had totally forgotten that nobody knew about Peter and I. Not Tony, not Happy, not Ned, not Alex, not May... not anybody. So when we fully exited the room, I quickly let go of his hand.

"You're going to be living in the same building as me!" Peter exclaims, obviously excited for it.

"I can't believe it took you five houses by Tony to remember that open flat." I respond, giggling at him. "I mean, apartment." I quickly correct myself.

Peter quickly gazed around the room before he laces his fingers with mine, moving in to plant a kiss on my forehead. "I think it's cute when you use your British words."

~~~

Leaving England meant saying goodbye to Will. The first person to know about my superpowers. The only one to help me through them and understand myself better. The only father figure I've had in years. Now I had to say goodbye. And I swear I almost quit the Avengers because I just couldn't bring myself to say goodbye to him.

I walked into his lab the day I got back to London. It was the first place I went after that long plane ride here. He hugged me tight and was very excited about my arrival.

I didn't know how to bring it up or how to say it, so I almost considered not telling him at all and calling up Tony and telling him that I couldn't join his team. But apparently, Will already knew. "So, New York?"

I hesitate, staring deep into his eyes. "You already know?"

"Of course I know." He answers, a small smile on his lips.

"I don't want to say goodbye..." I confess, feeling the tears well up in my eyes.

"This isn't goodbye!" Will assures me, wrapping his arms around me in another tight hug. "This is a see you later. I'll come visit you in America and you come visit me down here, okay?"

"Okay." I whisper. He pulls away to look down at my face and I nod, giving him a sad smile. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too." Will responds. "I bet the SNA will as well."

"Sidney won't." I giggle, thinking about my old boss.

"Of course he will. He just likes to show you tough love." Will says, taking a deep breath. "You'll be able to do much greater things with the Avengers."

I sigh and nod in agreement. "I think so too." And I truly meant it.