An Urgent Call

"Urgent incoming call from Tony Stark." My watch speaks, catching me a little off guard. "Friday will override the call if you ignore it."

Peter, Ned and I were walking home from school. I look up at Peter, both of us staring intensely at each other. "O-Okay... answer it then." I hold my watch up to my face.

"Reece?" Tony's voice echoes from my watch.

"An urgent call? Everything okay?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"Are you with Peter?" Tony doesn't answer my question and instead replaces it with another.

"When am I not with Peter?" I respond.

"Good point." I imagine Tony nodding. "Listen you two, we've got a major mission coming up. We're having a meeting in about twenty minutes, I'm assuming you can make it up here by then?"

I glance up at Peter who nods. "We'll be there, Mr. Stark."

"Great." Tony responds. "See you in a few." And he hangs up on us.

"You just got an urgent call from Iron Man..." Ned informs us, breathless, in total awe. "Awesome."

"We should probably get going." Peter looks in my direction and I already know what he's thinking.

"You know I hate that!" I complain, crossing my arms.

Ned raises his eyebrows, looking between Peter and I. "Did I miss something?"

"Sorry, Ned, we have to go!" Peter talks fast, grabbing my hand. "We'll talk to you later!" And he runs in the opposite direction, heading for the nearby alleyway, pulling me behind him.

"Okay!" Ned calls back. "Be careful!"

Peter pulls me into the alleyway and looks at his surroundings before swiftly pulling off his pants. I take this opportunity to just watch him until he's suited up in his Spider suit. "Ready?" He asks, pulling the mask over his face.

"No..." I shake my head. He just stares at me and I can't read the expression on his face because of that stupid mask covering it. "Fine." I sigh as Peter turns around and I jump on his back. And he swings on his webs all the way to the Avengers tower.

When we get there, we run in right away and Peter doesn't even bothering to change out of his suit, but he does take his mask off. There's no one in the living room, which kinda surprises me. I look around the room, turning in a circle, still feeling flustered from our adventure here. My anxiety feels like it's bouncing off the walls of my mind.

Apparently Peter notices this because he turns to me, immediately grabbing my hand. "Are you okay?"

I take a deep breath, finally calming down to look into his eyes. "Yeah." I nod, my voice cracking just the slightest.

I can tell by the look on Peter's face that he doesn't believe me. He squeezes my hand, taking a step forward to stand directly in front of me. I look up at him, cracking a smile. "You don't have to lie to me." He says, just before he presses a quick kiss to my lips.

When I pull away, out of the corner of my eye, I see someone standing to the side of the room, watching. "Woah, woah, woah!" It was Tony, suddenly freaking out, and even though I knew he was there, I still jumped.

Peter and I pulled away from each other, both turning to look at Tony. He was staring at us with his eyes practically bulging out of his head. "Tony," I begin, but he cuts me off.

"When did this start?!" He walks over to us, now standing in between Peter and I, rapidly looking back and forth between us.

"A-after our first mission." Peter's the first one to speak, slightly stumbling over his words.