Lies

(Peter's POV)
this scene takes place before reece's last POV

I open Reece's front door without knocking like she has told me to do earlier. I drop my backpack on the ground as soon as I walk in, just before I look up and notice the Avengers all sitting in her living room.

Everyone goes silent once they notice I'm there, all staring at me. "Uh..." I begin awkwardly. "Sorry I'm late..."

"No, it's fine." Mr. Stark assures me, shaking his head. "Reece is just getting ready, go put your suit on too."

"Okay." So I pick up my bag again and make my way to the bathroom. Once I'm done, I make my way back to the living room and the first thing I notice is that Reece still isn't there.

Mr. Stark notices this too and checks his watch. "What's taking her so long?" Vision asks the obvious question on everyone's mind.

"You think she's probably freaking out just about now?" Mr. Stark guesses, turning his head to look at me.

I take a deep breath and nod, deciding to answer truthfully. "Probably..."

"Well, go check on her, boyfriend." James instructs, looking in my direction.

"Me?" I ask, pointing at myself.

"You are the boyfriend, aren't you?" Loki asks, an obvious tone to his voice.

"Right, yeah." I nod firmly before turning to walk down the hall to Reece's room. I turn the corner of the hall and slowly approach her bedroom door and knock on it. "Reece?"

~~~
(Reece's POV)
back on track now lol...

Tony and Peter were the only ones with me in that small hallway that lead to the room where my mother sat a small wooden table in a tiny chair, waiting. There was another small wooden chair across from her that was empty.

At least, that's what I saw through the slightly cracked open door.

I turn to look at Tony and Peter, and I'm pulled into a tight hug by Peter before I could say anything. "We'll be right here, okay?" He reminds me. "I won't let anything happen to you, I promise."

I nod slowly, pulling away to look up at his face. "I know."

He nods firmly, wanting to seem confident so I would be confident. Little does Peter know that I could see right through him. He was just as scared as I was. But his efforts definitely made a difference. He squeezes my hands and places a soft kiss on my temple. I squeezed my eyes shut when he did that, calming myself down a little.

I open my eyes again and forced myself to slowly pull myself from his grip, even though that was the last thing I wanted to do. I bite my lip, glancing back at the door I would be exiting through.

"Stay strong, kid." Tony reminds me, lying his hand upon my shoulder and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

I look back at him and nodded. I attempted to give him at least a small smile, but failed miserably and just decided to keep my focus in the forwards direction now.

I slowly place my hand upon the door knob as Peter and Tony back up so Lea(my mum) doesn't see them. I then fully open the door and step into the room.

My eyes found my mother's face right away, staring into her dark eyes. For a moment, we just stare at each other, and I'm trying to remember the last time I saw her. "Renesmee." Her smile was bright, almost to the point where it seemed fake. Or maybe my mind wanted it to seem that way, I'll never know.

"It's Reece." I corrected her, a classic move on my part.

"Right..." She nods, as if she should already know that. But she shouldn't. She wouldn't know that I stopped going by my real name the minute she left me. "I didn't think you would come."