The Return Of The Morado

I hesitate before knocking on the door, almost thinking about turning around and leaving. But Peter deserves a good explanation in person. It's the least I can do after everything I've done to him.

May opens the door and at first, she doesn't say anything. She just stares at me like I've done something wrong. Which, I guess I have. Scratch that, I know I did something wrong. I open my mouth to at least try and apologize, but that's when May wraps her arms around me and squeezes me against her in a tight hug.

I bury my face into her shoulder, trying to stifle my tears. I can feel May also trying to hold back tears just by the way her breathing pattern changes. "I'm so sorry..." I finally say, my voice weak and distant.

May shakes her head, sniffling, pulling away so she could look into my eyes. "You're okay, and that's all that matters."

I take a deep breath, and nod, giving her a weak smile. She squeezes my hands and returns the smile. "Hey, May." I hear Peter's voice from
down the hall, getting closer and closer. "Who's at the..." He trails off as enters the room and his eyes land directly on me.

May let's go and steps to the side, turning around to face her nephew. I take a deep breath, taking a small step forwards in Peter's direction. "Listen, Peter I-"

"Reece!" He cuts me off, running up to me and engulfing me in the tightest hug I have probably ever received.

I squeeze my eyes shut, holding Peter just as tight as he was holding me. I couldn't help but smile as I hid my face in his chest, tears finally escaping my eyes but I didn't want anyone to see them. Good thing Peter wasn't letting go anytime soon.

It had gotten to the point where we stood there like that for so long that May had walked out of the room. "Don't do that ever again." Peter finally breaks the silence, his voice sounding rough but also with a relieved tone to it.

I shake my head. "You deserve more than an apology."

Peter then pulls away, but never let's go. And before I could get a chance to look into his beautiful, soft, brown eyes, he leans down and presses his lips against mine. This kiss wasn't like any of our others, although they're all great. This one was more of a reassuring, promising kiss.

He pulls away slowly and I grab his hand to give it a reassuring squeeze. "Hey, guys, sorry..." May walks in before I get a chance to explain myself and why I did what I did. "I really hate to break this up but Peter, you have to leave for school now so you're not late."

Peter hesitates, a pouty look on his face. "I still have to go to school?"

"Yes, you still have to go to school. You missed most of last week." May explains, handing Peter his backpack. "You can have Reece back after school."

Peter sighs in frustration, rolling his eyes when May wasn't looking. "Fine... Bye, May." He tells her before she could walk away again.

"Bye!" She calls out as she's walking to her room, probably to change for work. "Have a good day!"

Peter looks down at me again, leaving a quick peck on my lips and giving my hand a quick, reassuring squeeze. "I'll see you after school, okay?" I nod, watching him back up to the door and open it. "You owe me an explanation."

I nod firmly, totally agreeing. "I know."

"Okay, I'm gonna be late, I have to go!" He turns and stands in the doorway, his stare lingering on my face. He hesitates, holding onto the door knob. "I love you."

I grin at him, a blush creeping over both of our faces. "I love you too."

"Okay, I have to go now! Bye!" And he quickly swings the door closed and I can hear him running down the hall.

I chuckle to myself, turning around just as May walked back into the room in a completely different outfit than she had on a few minutes ago. She's already looking at me, something obviously being on her mind that she wanted to say. "He didn't have to go to school today."

I raise my eyebrows, my arms crossed over my chest, closing myself off. "Then why...?"

"Reece... we need to talk." May walks up to me, grabs my hand, and pulls me over to the couch. She sits down and pulls me with her. "Why did you run away?"

I hesitate, looking anywhere but her. "I don't know..." I whisper, shaking my head. "I was running from my problems, I guess."

May sighs, nodding slowly. "Peter cares about you a lot, you know that right?"

I peer up at her. May is staring intensely into my eyes to make sure I knew she wasn't lying. "Yeah, I know. I care about him a lot too."

May bites her lip. "You mean the world to him... And when you went missing, he was the most worried out of anybody. He spent every waking moment looking for you. He didn't sleep, he couldn't eat, thinking that you were in some sort of trouble."

I was taken aback by her words. I hadn't really thought about how much damage I would do by making one bad decision. I regret so much now. I shake my head, trying to contain my tears. "May, I'm so sorry..."

"It's just... you can't do that to him, okay?" She asks softly. "He's crazy about you. He's helplessly in love with you. And you can't put him through that." She tells me, tears in her own eyes now. "He can and will die for you, you know that right?"

I nod, wiping my eyes with the back of my hands. "I know, I know..." My voice is quiet. "And I would do the same. I didn't mean to hurt him or anybody. I didn't mean to put everyone through so much worry and pain."

May shakes her head, wrapping her arms around me. "I know you didn't mean to... It's okay, I know this has been hard for you."

I shake my head, sniffling. "That's no excuse."

"Yes, it is." May argues. "Just... know for next time, okay? Learn from your mistakes." She simply answers before sighing. "I don't know what he would have done if something happened to you. And frankly, I don't ever want to find out."

I nod in agreement. "Me either..."

Learn from my mistakes... Never hurt Peter Parker ever again.