The Suit

In the morning while Peter went to school, I went back to my apartment and helped my grandma unpack the boxes for the kitchen.

"You have an incoming call from Tony Stark. Should I ignore it?" Dana informs me out of nowhere, as always.

"What was that?!" Grams jumps, staring at me intensely.

"My uh... watch." I inform her, holding my arm up so she could see the watch on my wrist.

"It talks?!" She seemed so in shock, her eyebrows raised high on her wrinkly forehead.

"Uh, yeah. My boss gave it to me for work purposes... speaking of which, he's calling me. I'll be back." I quickly explain, exiting the kitchen and holding my watch up to my face. "Answer it, Dana."

"This the first time you're answering Tony Stark's call of your own free will." Dana informs me. "Congratulations."

I laugh at Dana's comment as I make my way to what will be my room, but what is now an empty room. "Thank you."

And then Dana answers Tony's call. "Reece?"

"Hello, Tony."

"How's the new place?" He asks just as I close the door behind me. I gaze around the empty space.

"Good... thanks." I answer, nodding, even though he can't see me.

"Listen, I think it would be a good idea for you to go back to school for just a little while longer so no one suspects anything. I just announced the new Avengers recruit to the world." Tony explains and I almost scream at the thought of having to go back to school.

But at this school, I didn't have to try and I'd be with Peter, so I take a deep breath instead of freaking out over it. "Okay... So, do I get a cool superhero name? And a costume?"

"People are gonna want answers." Tony speaks truthfully. "But I still don't want to expose your identity. You can come up with a name, and I've already got the suit."

I don't argue with not exposing my identity, because honestly I rather have it secret as well. "Radical... what's it look like?"

"What, the suit?" He pauses. "You'll see it soon enough."

I sigh in frustration. "You're killing me, Stark." I really wanted to know what it looked like.

"That's my job, Healy." Tony answers, and I can hear the smile on his face. "So, school. Tomorrow."

"Yeah, I'll be there." I assure him.

"Do you need Happy to pick you up?"

"Nah, I'll just walk with Peter."

"Right... Okay, then."

"Okay."

~~~

I waited for Peter to meet me at the fence after school, as promised. And when the bell rings, Peter's the first out of school. He spots me right away and heads straight for me. "Hey." He grins widely.

"Hi." I grin back and he leans down to give me a quick kiss. "Where's Ned?" I ask, looking behind him.

"Sick." Peter responds, lancing his fingers with mine.

"Oh... okay." And we begin walking down the sidewalk. "I have some news."

"Good or bad?"

"Good for you, bad for me." I respond with.

"What?" He questions, a small smile playing at his lips.

"Tony wants me to go back to school for a few more weeks so no one suspects anything." I say that last part in a whisper.