Goodnight

Once Grams and I got to our new apartment building in Queens New York, May and Peter insisted on helping us carry boxes. Which I was more than grateful for because Grams can't do much anymore at her old age, so I would have been doing all the heavy lifting myself.

"Grams, this is Peter." I had introduced him once they had come down to greet us by the moving van. "My friend..." I couldn't say boyfriend because we hadn't told anyone yet. "And his aunt May."

May holds her hand out to shake my grandmother's first. "Hi, it's nice to meet you."

They smile brightly at each other. "You too."

"Your granddaughter is a wonderful girl." May says and I can't help but grin widely at her compliment.

"That's a first!" Grams jokes and at first, May looks as if she doesn't know how to react. "Thank you."

"... She has a strange sense of humor." I inform them and then May laughs lightly, nodding.

"I like that." She tells my grandmother.

"Uh, it's nice to meet you too... ma'am." Peter holds out his hand for a handshake as well.

"You as well." She nods at Peter. "And a very handsome boy you are! Reece, I think I've found you a-"

"Anyways!" I cut her off just before she could say the word boyfriend. I know my grandmother all too well.

Eventually, we start bringing the boxes up to the small empty apartment that is our new home. We ended up not unpacking anything, and instead having dinner at the Parker's apartment. Peter and I sat next to each other while Grams and May sat next to each other, across from us.

This, however, was a little dangerous. Peter and I had to steer any conversation about my life to something completely different. Gram knew I was an eighteen year old with a job, May thought I was a seventeen year old that went to Peter's school. There was a lot of conversation that needed dodging and changing.

"What are doing for the night?" May asks, plopping some more mashed potatoes onto her plate.

"Her beds already set up." I answer, pointing at Grams.

"What are you gonna do?" Peter asks me.

"I'll, uh..." I hesitate, not having really thought about it. "I think we have an air mattress in one of the boxes?"

"Yeah, right." May senses my bullshit. "You can stay here... if that's alright with you." She looks over to my Grandmother.

"I rather that then her sleep on the floor." Grams points out. "It's fine with me."

"No, that's okay-" I try to deny the offer, but May shuts that down immediately.

"You can sleep in Peter's bed, and Peter can sleep on the couch." May insists.

I look over in Peter's direction, my mouth already open to argue, but he beats me to it. "You can't say no!"

"But-"

"Sh!"

"But!"

"Shhhhhh!!!!"

"Okay then..." May laughs, looking between Peter and I with an odd look on her face. "You'll be sleeping here tonight, Reece."

"Okay..." I give in because they're only trying to be kind. "Thanks."

This whole situation probably wouldn't have happened if they knew Peter and I were together.

~~~

"I'll sleep on the couch." I insist.

"No, I will."

"But that's your bed." I point to his bunk bed, feeling guilty for making him sleep anywhere else but it.

"Well... then maybe I'll just have to come back in when May's asleep." He winks at me.

I gasp. "Peter Parker!"

"That was a joke."

"Was it?" I cross my arms.

"Depends... do you want it to be?"

"Peter Parker, I swear to god!"

"Okay, okay." Peter laughs loudly, grabbing a pillow from off his bed but leaving the other. "I'm leaving now."

"Yeah, get your dirty mind out of here." I point at the door and he makes his way over to it.

"Technically, you're the one that implied it. I just said I could come back in here to sleep." He tucks his pillow under his arm, his hand on the doorknob.

"What? No... You... I..." But I didn't have a come back for that, which makes Peter burst out into intense laughter. "Shut up."

He takes a deep breath, giggling here and there. "Goodnight, Reece."

I grin back at him, nodding. "Goodnight, Peter."

But before he could twist the doorknob and open the door to exit the room, I stood on my tiptoes and connected my lips to his. He lets go of the door and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. Our lips move in sync with each other, and it gets a little heated. But I eventually break away, both of us breathing heavily. Peter rests his forehead against mine and there's a wide smile plastered across his face. "We should probably tell them about us soon." He states, laughing a little.

I giggle back, taking a deep breath. "Probably."

And then there's a knock on the door, making both Peter and I jump, so we break apart and stand very far away from each other. "Come in." Peter says, his voice cracking a bit.

May then walks in, holding a separate blanket for Peter. "I got you a blanket." She tells him.

Peter gives his aunt a small smile, accepting the blanket and holding it in his arms. "Thanks."

She nods, looking back at me. "Do you have everything you need, Reece?"

"Yes." I nod vigorously. "Thank you."

She nods again. "Don't stay up too late, okay? School tomorrow." Peter and I nod in response and May leaves to her own room.

He turns to me, is cheeks a bit flushed. "I'm assuming you're not going back to school?"

I shake my head. "No school for me."

Peter sighs, nodding. "I'll miss you."

I giggle at him. "You can see me after school. I'll walk you home."

Peter smiles a bit at that. "But I'll miss seeing you in the hallways and walking to class together and watching Netflix in English with you."

"Peter, I've only been going to that school for a week." I remind him. "And you've been going without me for a few days now."

"Still... It's not the same."

I give him a small smile, placing another soft fast kiss on his lips. "After school, I'll wait for you by the fence. I'll walk you home?"

Peter nods, taking a deep breath. "Okay."

I nod back. "Okay." I back away now, gazing back at Peters bed. "You're sure I can't sleep on the couch?"

"I'm not letting you sleep on the couch, Reece."

"Fine." I respond, huffing. He shoots me a grin and I shoot one back. "Now, get to bed, Parker."

"Fine." He responds back. "Night, Healy."

"Night, Spider-Man." And he leaves the room, closing the door behind him.