Mother Of Mine

(Peter's POV)

"Mr. Stark, I really think we should go now." I insist, whispering so Reece and her mom wouldn't hear us.

"No, not yet." He shakes his head, his eyes fixed on the scene in front of us.

"Why are you doing this?" Reece asks Lea and my heart breaks at the sound of her voice. She's obviously hurt and scared.

"Please, Mr. Stark, she needs us." I urged, wanting to desperately run in and sweep her up into my arms.

"Peter, stop. Reece is strong, she can do this." Mr. Stark responds, never looking in my direction.

"I'm still your mother, Renes... Reece." Lea was saying and I couldn't bare to put Reece through this any longer. This was absolutely monstrous.

"Tony, the kids right. I think we should really go in now." I heard James say through Mr. Stark's earpiece, and I nodded frantically in agreement.

"Alright, alright..." Mr. Stark sighs and nods now too. "On my cue..."

I take a deep breath, now keeping my gaze fixed on Reece. "And I still love you." Lea wraps up her speech, and Reece doesn't respond to it. She's too in shock.

"Now." Mr. Stark announces, to me and through the ear piece for everyone else as well.

All the Avengers come barging into the room from all different directions at the same time. Lea shoots up out of her chair at the sudden attack, but Reece stays put in hers, staring down at her stiff hands. "You just interrupted a perfectly good family reunion, Stark." Lea speaks, gazing around at all of us.

I look over at Mr. Stark who acknowledges with his head to go and get Reece up out of that seat and bring her closer to me. I swiftly make my way to Reece, trying to be as quiet as possible. "It didn't sound like much a good one if you ask me." Mr. Stark responds, carrying on the conversation.

Lea doesn't respond, her gaze now fixed on me just as I had laid my hand on Reece's shoulder so she knew I was there. "I'm not quite done with her yet, Parker." Lea says, holding up her hand so her palm was facing me, a light beaming out of it and striking me in the chest.

I flu back on impact, crashing into the wall behind me. I didn't feel the pain until I was lying on the floor, my head pounding and my chest in this burning agonizing pain.

"Peter!"

~~~
(Reece's POV)

I don't know what my mother has done, but she just sent my boyfriend flying across the room. "Peter!" I shriek, the thought of him being hurt in any way possible pulls me from my funk.

Tony and Lea start going at it, flighting with his suit and her powers. I didn't wait to see what happened next as I jumped out of my chair and landed right at Peter's side. I kneeled down next to him and pulled off his mask to see if he was still conscious or not.

He was.

"Peter, what hurts?" I asked him sternly, staring into his eyes.

"Reece...?" His voice was quiet and meek as he struggled to take a deep breath, him blinking rapidly over and over again.

I scanned his body to find that blood was leaking through his suit on his chest. I bite my lip, calming myself down really quick so I could prepare myself to heal him. "Close your eyes, okay?" I asked him in a softly voice.

He blinked at me. "What...?"

"Please, Peter, close your eyes." I instruct him, trying to keep myself together.

He sees the pain in my eyes and does as he's told, squeezing his eyes shut and deciding not to question it. I slowly place my hand over the bleeding section on his suit. He groans and hisses in pain. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." I whisper, closing my eyes as well. And when I opened them again, I knew I had healed him.

He opens his eyes too, taking a deep breath as he sat up quickly. "You okay?" I asked him softly, my hand squeezing his shoulder.

Peter nods, never taking his eyes off of me. I force myself to look away, quickly getting to my feet to make sure my mother wasn't hurting anyone else. She was attempting to fight off Thor, keeping the others trapped behind a force field, the same one that I was trapped in last mission.

I put myself in between Thor and Lea before she could do any more damage. "Stop!" I scream at her, testing to see if her 'I'm still your mother' speech was legit or not.

But she does. Lea stops. I'm breathing heavily, my hands clutched into tight fists at my side. "Putting yourself in front of the danger." Lea observes, nodding in approval. "How... heroic."

I shake my head, not knowing what to do next or how to respond. "I should get going now... but this has been interesting. Thank you." And she disappears out of thin air, just as her soldiers did. She had been a hologram the entire time.

And that seems to get me every damn time for some reason. I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding, shocked. I unclutch my hands, slowly stepping backwards as the force field fades and everyone was free once again.

I glance in Peter's direction, him already looking at me, finally getting to his feet. But before anyone could react to anything, a bomb goes off.

Lea enjoys blowing things up, I guess... Including her own daughter.

We're all knocked off of our feet, but this time I didn't go unconscious.