The Hacker

When we got back to Peter's house, it was really late. He insisted on taking me home but I refused. "Don't get May worried." I told him.

"May will let me bring you home. Especially if it's for you." He argues. "She really likes you."

I giggle at that, shaking my head. "No, go get some sleep. You have school tomorrow."

"So do you." He points out.

"Sure, but I don't have to pay attention." I remind him. "And I usually fall asleep in French class anyways."

He tries again, but I shut him down everytime. "Fine." He groans, deciding I wasn't going to let up. "You win."

But not even fifteen minutes after leaving Peter's and walking my way back to the Avengers building, I sensed someone was following me. I turned around but didn't see anybody. I sighed loudly, crossing my arms as I stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. "Okay, Peter, I know you're following me. You can come out now."

And sure enough, Spider-Man comes swinging down from an alleyway by his webs, landing right in front of me. "I couldn't let you walk back alone."

I roll my eyes, although there's a huge grin on my face. "Fine. You win."

Peter laughs, removing his mask and his hair instantly sticks up. I giggle at the way his hair flops and I flick with my finger. "Oi." He mocks me, flicking the ends of my hair.

I laugh again, turning to continue walking. "We better get going before I get a call from Tony."

Peter walks beside me, his head turned to look at me. "What time is it?"

I look down at my watch. "Nine fifteen."

"You're already an hour and fifteen minutes late." He points out.

"I know." I answer, shrugging. "He keeps texting me."

Peter laughs lightly, shaking his head at me. "Oh, Reece..." He looks away, a smile plastered on his face.

"What?" I ask, a smile stuck to my own lips as well(as if u didn't already know that bc i didn't just repeat it a million times except using different words).

He shakes his head again, gazing down at me, his cheeks a bright pink. "Nothing..."

~~~

I walk into the living room, Peter having already left, and the lights instantly turn on. Tony is sitting on the couch, his legs crossed, and he's staring up at me, obviously have been waiting for me. "You're back late."

"I was with Peter." I quickly respond. "We had work to do."

"You do know that F.R.I.D.A.Y. alerts me when you're ignoring my texts, right?"

I shake my head. "I did not know that..." And we just stare at each other for a moment, him a little frustrated, me a little irritated. "Anyways, we found this flash drive." I pull it out of my pocket and hold it out for Tony to take. "It's Adam George's."

Tony looks up at me with what seems like shock in his eyes. He grabs the flash drive from my hand and stares down at it in awe. "How did you get this?"

"We uh..." I hesitate. Peter said it would probably be best to tell the truth. Obviously he'd say that, he's not here to get yelled at, the little bastard. "Peter and I found it in his motel room."

"And?" He gazes up at me, probably already knowing where this was going.

"And, we broke in and found the flash drive." I finish, plopping myself down on the couch across from where he sat. "We tried to get into it but we needed a password and then it crashed Peter's computer."

Tony sighs, staring down at the little device in his hand. "That probably wasn't the best idea." He now stands and fixes his jacket. "But it's what I would've done so I can't judge..."

"Can you hack it?" I stare up at him, desperate for answers.

He hesitates, finally making eye contact with me again. "I can try."

I smile with glee, standing up as well. "Thank you, Tony!"

"But right after I do, you and Peter have to put this back where you found it. Adam George can and will find you. Find us. And I don't want him to get away." Tony points his finger at me, talking in a stern voice.

"Okay, yeah, we can do that." I nod, looking him in the eyes so he knew I was serious.

He gives me a single nod, clasping his hand around the flash drive. "Good."

I turn around and grab my backpack I put on the floor when I first sat down. "Well, I had a long, tiring day. I'm gonna head off to bed now."

Tony nods, moving out of the way so I could make my way to my room. "Good night."

I glance back at him. "Night."

When I eventually make it to my room, I instantly fall asleep as my head hits the pillow, and I don't even bother to change.

~~~
(Peter's POV)

I was texting Reece all night, desperate to find out Mr. Stark's reaction to us stealing a criminals flash drive. She didn't get back to me until the next morning before school, claiming she had fallen asleep right away last night.

Reesey Piecey: Tony said he'd hack it. But he said it could take awhile.

Me: How long is awhile?

Reesey Piecey: A day or so.

Me: Do you think Cuffman will notice before then?

Reesey Piecey: God I hope not.
I'll be there in 2 minutes btw.

Me: K

I slipped my phone back into my pocket, waiting and watching for Happy's car. And her timing was surprisingly really accurate, for it was about two minutes before they pulled up and she emerged from the car.

"Hey." She smiles as she approaches me.

"Hi." And I couldn't help but smile just as bright back. "So, you really think Mr. Stark can hack it?"

Reece hesitates, biting her lip. "That is yet to be determined."