I Love Him

As I was driving home, I was contemplating as to why Peter had lied to me. I can always tell when that boy is lying; he's just outright terrible at it.

"Hey, wanna come over after school? Big Brother's on tonight and Loki's bringing Thor, so I thought I'd bring you." I had explained to Peter while he was grabbing his books out of his locker.

"Uh..." Peter eyes me before looking away completely. "I can't... I have a doctor's appointment." That's the lie. Peter doesn't have a doctors appointment, I know it. His face was flushed, he wouldn't look at me, and his nostrils flared. Like I said, I know when Peter Parker is lying.

"Oh..." My gaze lingers on his face but he refuses to make eye contact with me. "Okay. See you in Math, then." And I walked away.

I decided to just forget about it so I don't get upset. I pull into the Avengers building garage(which is huge, filled with all of Tony's fancy cars) and park my car. When I walk into the living room, I throw my keys on the coffee table, Thor and Loki already sitting at the table.

"Guys, Big Brother doesn't start for another five hours." I inform them.

"Well, hello to you too." Loki responds with, a small grin on his face.

"Hi." I say unamused, my hands on my hips.

"We had an Avengers meeting earlier today." Thor explains to me. "So, what was the point of leaving?"

I bite my lip. "Right..."

"What's up with you?" Loki asks, his eyebrows furrowed.

I cross my arms, shifting my weight from one foot to the other. "What do you mean?"

"You seem..." Thor hesitates, looking for the right word. "Apprehensive."

I shake my head. "I'm fine." The brothers stare at me, and it's obvious they don't believe me. "I'm gonna go make some lunch now... grilled cheese anybody?" I quickly change the subject, heading for the kitchen.

"Oh, me!" Thor exclaims.

"Okay." I nod, about to enter the kitchen before glancing back at Thor and Loki. "Do you know where Tony is?"

"Out." Loki responds, being quite vague.

"He'll be back soon." Thor assures me.

I raise my eyebrows, feeling skeptical. "Okay..." And I walk into the kitchen.

"Dana?" I ask my watch quietly.

"Why are we whispering?" She asks, her digital voice also hushed.

"Where's Tony?"

She takes a second to find the answer to my question. "On a jet that will be arriving back in New York in twenty minutes."

"On a jet?" I question. "What for? Where'd he go?"

She hesitates. "I'm afraid I don't have that information."

~~~
(3rd Person POV)

Tony Stark saw how sad Reece Healy looked when she talked about her friend Rory, and how much it bothered her to talk about rarely ever getting to talk to him.

Peter Parker noticed this too. He didn't know what it was like to miss someone like that. To lose a close friend like that. He felt sad for her and just only ever wanted for her to be happy.

So, Tony came up with a plan and he wanted Peter in on it. "Mr. Parker," Tony began, talking to Peter over the phone. "I have a mission for you."

"Wait... really?" He sounded hopeful and already excited.