Chapter 17

"No thank you. I can take these myself." You said, cursing yourself on your stubbornness. You really needed his help, but you couldn't put yourself down to agree on his offer.
"Y/N, those are way too heavy, you'll get yourself hurt." He said, trying to take the bags again.

You moved the bags away from his grip, and he was right, the bags were too heavy, just moving them around for him to not take them was hurting your arm, but you hid the pain away.

"I said it, I don't need your help, if you want to help me, let's go." You said.

Jungkook stared into your eyes, and narrowed his, right when you were caught in those huge dark brown eyes, he looked away, and started walking in front of you.

You weren't looking where you were walking, your head was down facing your feet, trying to make the bags not slide on the floor, you couldn't let him know that you couldn't manage. You were looking at him from the corner of your eyes, making sure you didn't lose you way. But you eventually didn't have that much energy to look anymore, you had to focus all your energy on the bags. Eventually bumping on his back, dropping all your bags.

"Too heavy?" He smirked. One hand in his pocket, the other carrying his small bag of junk food for the others.
"No, just keep going, I just thought my shoe laces were lose." You lied again.
"Sure, I'll wait for you to tie them again." He raised an eyebrow.

You crouched down, you arms sore, but at least you can take a break from those bags. You retied shoelaces, but still needed time to rest. You looked at your hands, they were all red from being strangled by the bags. Your hands were somewhat shaking. Jungkook crouched down as well, and held you hand. Your face tightened.

"It stings doesn't it?" He said, softly, bringing chills down your back.

You looked up and studied his face, his tall nose, his perfect eyebrows, his long lashes, his cherry shaped lips. He wasn't looking at you at all, but still studying your hand. When we looked up, you two locked eyes, but you quickly looked away. Trying to calm down your beating heart.

"We'll need to get you some ice, or somehow treat your hand." He said.
"No we don't, let's just keep going, we can't be far." You took you hand back.

Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"If you keep doing this, your hands might not be able to heal." He warned.
"That's none of your business." You said.
"That's true, but no one wants to damage their hand." He said.

You were about to protest, but he already stood up, and took your bags, leaving only his behind for you to take. You said nothing, though you knew he had to thank him, but you couldn't bring yourself to. You still don't know if he helped you because he wanted to, or because of...again...his pity. You were confused, but you were still on defense of him.

You looked at his muscular back, his muscles popping out on his arm. You never knew he was so muscular. Is he like this towards Rebecca? All nice, all gentle? Was he like this when he was with Katherine, no wonder she loves him so much, who wouldn't? A handsome, nice, responsible boyfriend?

"We're here." He said, snapping you out of your thoughts.

  You said nothing. He dropped the bags on the floor, took out his phone, and put it near the scanner. The door flung open, and Tae went up and hugged Jungkook. Jimin was on Tae's shoulders.

  "Hyung, you're strangling me." Jungkook choked out.
  "Kookie! I thought you two were kidnapped!" Tae exclaimed.

  Jimin tapped Tae's head back.

  "Tae! Shut up will you? Kookie is a grown man, and he can manage going to the store by himself." Jimin pinched Jungkook's cheek. You held back ur laughter, Jungkook gave you an evil eye.
  "Guys, both of you shut up." Jungkook groaned.
  "Awwwww, Kookie is a grown man! No no! Don't hit me." Tae said, running away, as Jungkook chased behind him.

  You laughed, as Jimin just shook his head.

  "I should get these inside." You said.
  "I'll lend you a hand." Jimin offered.

  Seeing his warm smile, you couldn't resist to say no. Why can't Jungkook be like this? You asked yourself. He helped you get the bags in, and Suga suddenly woke up, rushing to the door, taking our what was his, and sat back onto the chair. Jhope skipped to the door, taking his pack, and offering you some.

  "Oh no, I'm good." You said.

  You hand was too sore to do anything. You needed ice, for they hurt so badly. You rushed pass Jimin, and went to the kitchen. Namjoon was quietly reading a book, and Jin was on his phone. You went to the sink, and rinsed your hand, even just the touch of water hurt. You winced at the pain, but managed to bear through it.

  "Hey, uh...Where can I get a lack of ice?" You turned around and asked.
  "It's at the last cabinet, in the bottom door." Namjoon replied, not even looking at you.
  "Why do you need ice Y/N?" Jin asked.
  "Oh, I just uh hurt my hand, no big deal." You lied.

  Jin stood up, and walked towards you. You quickly hid your hands behind you back.

  "Let me take a look Y/N." He said.
  "I'm fine really, I just need to ease the pain." You said.
  "If something requires ice to come up, it should be called as 'nothing'." He said.

  You knew that the more you tried to protest, the more he'll want to see, so you gave up, and showed him your hands. He gasped, covering his mouth.

  "Jeon Jungkook!" He called.

  Jungkook came in a few moments later. Tae hiding behind the door, though it was made out of mostly glass.

  "Yeah hyung?" Jungkook said, scratching behind his head.
  "What did you do to Y/N to make her hand slide this?" Jin asked.
  "Nothing, I offered to help her carry the bags, but she kept refusing, so I let her on it." Jungkook said.
  "Well you shouldn't have! You knew they were too heavy, when she refused, she was being polite, you should have taken the bags anyway!" Jin said.
  "I did, the last few blocks of the trip." He protested.
  "You come here an help Y/N ease the pain with ice. It's your fault her hand are like this, and you are going to take up full responsibility to recover them." Jin said.

  Jungkook was about to protest, but Jin raised a finger, and walked away. Jungkook took two chairs from the kitchen table, and both of you sat on them. He picked up the ice back, squeezing it so that only the corner of on ice cube could touch your hand, and tipped it lightly around your palm.

  Your hands still hurt, and this was no exception. You winked at the pain, one because the ice cubes hurt, but two...

  He was holding your hand too strongly.

  IM SO SORRY, I FORGOT TO UPLOAD ON FRIDAY, HERE'S 1,200 WORDS INSTEAD OF 800 AS A SORRY GIFT.

  Thanks for watching, hope you enjoyed the chapter, and have a nice day<3