Chapter 71

*Y/N P.O.V.*

Your heart dropped hearing those words come out of his mouth. You opened your mouth, wanting to say something, but you couldn't think of anything. You were in pain, and you knew perfectly that he would be in more pain.

You looked at Lisa, but she had brows furrowed, her head turned aside, staring at the ground. 

Soon enough, the handcuffs were disabled. Jungkook rubbed his wrist a little, looked around, and finally, he met your gaze. It was as if his eyes had powers, they made you freeze on the spot. You felt a slight chill run down your back.

His eyes were emotionless. There wasn't anger, there wasn't sadness. Or at least, you couldn't tell that there was. You knew for sure that they weren't the warm, soft gaze that he used to have. He stared blankly at you, and you did the same back to him.

It was until Lisa put her hand on Jungkook's shoulder that you two stopped. Jungkook tilted his head to hear what Lisa had to say.

"C'mon, we still have a few things to take care of." She said, still not looking at you, her head turned in the other direction.

Jungkook nodded. The siblings walked past you, as if you weren't even there. If it weren't because of that shared gaze you had a moment ago, you weren't even sure if you existed.

You waited to hear the closing the elevator door, until you looked down at your shaking hands. You didn't know that they were shaking until you looked at them. How long have they been like this? 

A drop of water landed on your palm. You looked up to check if the ceiling was dripping water, until you realized that you were crying. You laughed at yourself. At how stupid and useless you were. You had no right to cry, to feel hurt, to even grieve.

You didn't know where to go. You didn't want to go back your place, which is now empty. You definitely were not going to any place near Jungkook. You didn't want to stay in this basement place either. 

Though it seemed as if it was the best place to be in out of all the options you had. The place had little lighting, but you liked it like that. You found a corner to curl into a ball. You rested your head in your arms, and slowly closed your eyes.

Soon enough, you drifted to sleep.

*Jungkook P.O.V.*

I looked up at her and saw how much my words hurt her. I know that everything that has happened has the same impact on her that it has on me. But I need a while to process everything. 

I could see the sadness, the shock, the pain in her eyes. Yet I couldn't bring myself to say anything to her. Especially when everything has not ended yet. 

Lisa puts her hand on my shoulder, cutting me out of the gaze.

She stares directly into my eyes, signaling to me that she also knows this isn't the end.  

"C'mon, we still have a few things to take care of." She says to me.

I nod.

We both start heading towards the elevator. While walking pass Y/N, I wanted to stop, to grab her hand and say...just something to her. But I couldn't do it. I had my own emotions to process, I had my own pains that I needed to go through. All I wanted to say could wait.

I saw Y/N still standing there until our elevator door closed. I leaned the wall, while Lisa stood there looking at the numbers increase.

"Who would have thought he was actually that psycho to pull this off." She said.
"We were warned multiple times before. It's really our own stupidity that led to all of us. We should have taken him more seriously." I sighed.

Once we were on ground level, we called a cab back to our house. We arrived rather quickly, and got off the cab. I was about to open the door, when Lisa put her hand on mine.

I looked up at her, and saw how much pain she was in.

"I..." She said, "I don't think I'm ready to face what's inside." 

I close my eyes, furrowing my brows. 

"Neither am I," I replied.

Once Katherine died, we were brought into a room with surveillance cameras. We didn't know when those cameras were installed in our house, but we were too distracted by what was going to happen to even raise a question.

We witnessed the entire conversation between Y/N and our mom. Lisa started crying and kicking her chair when she knew that mom was going to do. It took two guards to pin her down and make her be quiet.

When the moment came, both of us held our breaths. I could feel my heart racing, and I had to use all the energy in my body, to hold myself from crying when she looked directly at the camera and said:

"Tell Lisa and Jungkook, that I love them."

No need to tell us mom...We saw...and we love you too.

Oh my dear lord above, I hated writing this chapter so much. Like why do I keep doing this to myself?

Also, the comments on the last chapter were so funny! I didn't know how much that chapter struck a nerve in a few people, some of you were going off!! It's fun though, to see how much you guys invested in the story, and comments like that really motivate me!! Keep them coming :D

Anyways, thanks for watching, hope you enjoyed the chapter, and have a nice day<33