Chapter 52

*Y/N P.O.V.*

You had a hard time sleeping that night. Your mind was all wrapped on the conversation you just overheard. It wasn't even about who the people speaking, it was more about what they were talking about. Especially the part where they mentioned "danger".

You kept thinking back on how you even got into this mess. You thought that you were done when you mentioned clearly that you wanted nothing to do with any of this. But now you felt like even by denying the offer, you still, somehow, was involved with the situation.

You woke up the next day, your body feeling heavy. It wasn't that you did so much exercise to the point that your whole body was sore. It was just you were so mentally exhausted that you didn't feel like you had the strength to get up. You didn't want to face Jungkook. You knew you disappointed him, and you felt so sorry, so guilty about it. At the same time, you knew that there was no turning back.

After a while of mental preparation, you finally had the gut to stand up. You did your usual morning routine, and took a deep breath before turning the door handle. You walked down stairs, and met everyone at the dining table. Jungkook's mom was a nice as ever, Jungkook's dad was already out. Jungkook wasn't at the table yet.

"So Y/N, had a good night's sleep?" Jungkook's mom asked.
"Yeah I guess." You lied through your teeth.
"It's okay honey, don't go too hard on yourself. It was an offer to start with, you had the right to deny it. All you did was use that right." She said, trying her best to make you feel better.

You wanted to thank her, but you saw Jungkook walk in, and the words just got stuck in your throat. He was served his plate across from where you were sitting. Breakfast continued, and he didn't even spare you a glance. The coldness you received from him was stabbing your heart like daggers.

"Jungkook, don't forget to bring Y/N to school later today alright?" His mom said.
"Yeah." He replied, as he quickly finished his meal and walked back upstairs.

You followed him a while after, and went to your room, to pack up a few things. You didn't want Jungkook to drive you back. You would rather get a taxi, or go on a bus, than have him drive you. But you didn't want to make yourself feel worse by denying Jungkook's mom's nice offer.

You grabbed all your things, and went to meet him at the front door. Jungkook's mom left you with an embrace as you sat into the car.

Both of you didn't speak throughout the car ride. Eventually, you couldn't take it anymore, and decided that this would be the best opportunity you had to tell him in private how you felt.

"Look I'm sorry." You finally said.

He didn't respond.

"I really am. I know that your family would be better off if I accepted the-" But he didn't even let you finish your sentence.
"You don't even know why I'm so frustrated do you?" He finally said.
"I-I told you, I know! I'm sorry that I had to deny the offer! I'm sorry that I'm leaving your family when they might need help the most!" You yelled.
"It's not even about that! You really don't understand do you?!" He yelled.
"What do you mean?!" You were starting to get annoyed.

He pulled the car over, and looked out the window.

"I thought we had something." He finally said.

His words left you completely blank. You had no idea what he was talking about.

"I-" He cut you off again.
"Don't you see Y/N, it's not even about that stupid offer. We've been putting up against my uncle for years, it's not like we can't deal with him once your gone." He started. "I thought that there was something between us. But I guess I was wrong." He murmured.
"What..." Your voice trailed off.
"Don't you see, all those things that we went through, getting locked in the classroom, eating dinner, everything. I thought that we did it, that you did it because, oh I don't know, maybe there were feelings behind of those."

This words left you completely dumbfounded. You tried to remember all the little emotions you were experiencing when you went through everything he mentioned. All those times you felt embarrassed, all the times where you had to hide yourself blushing. He was right, there were feelings involved.

"You know what, forget it." He finally said, starting the engine again. "That's what both of us are supposed to do when you said you denied the offer."
"Jungkook..." You wanted to yell out how you felt, but at the same time the words were just stuck in your throat. 
"Just forget it. I'm sorry I yelled at you." He said.

You opened your mouth and shut it. You wanted to tell him, tell him how much you had fun with him, how much you appreciated everything he's done for you. You wanted to tell him that you didn't want to just end this relationship, no matter if there were feelings involved or not. You didn't want it to end. But you felt like that opportunity was gone when he ended the conversation with his cold "just forget it". You wanted to stop everything and tell him,

How much you liked him.

Oh hi, didn't see you there hehe. Yes it's back guys ! Took me a while I know, but it's back, weekly updates and everything. Finally was able to take some time out and rethink the following storyline, and everything finally started to fit together. So, we're back on broad guys!

Thanks for waiting, here's the chapter, hope you guys enjoy it, and have a nice day <33