Chapter 63

*Katherine P.O.V.*

I rushed out of the house after receiving that text. I'm so sorry Y/N, I didn't mean for this to get so out of hand. I knew they could be cruel sometimes, especially when it came to my family. But I didn't think they'd go as far as to harm even my friends. I simply couldn't risk it anymore.

This was the last straw. I drove my way to the headquarters. The guards wouldn't let me in, even if I had a valid badge. They knew about the complicated relationship I had with the people working in the place, and didn't trust me enough to let me in.

I had to get in from the vending system to avoid getting into a fight with them. Having taken on countless missions where I had to secretly make my way into different corporations, this was something I was more than familiar with. And given that I knew this place back to back, it made it even easier for me.

I got out of the vending system after making sure that no one could see me. And quickly made my way to the basement. I knew they were going to be there, and they knew I was bound to come. My relationship with them was weird. We both knew each other so well, to the point where we'd know exactly each other's reactions and next steps. Having them at partners was great, since we knew each other so well, but having them as an enemy was tough.

I had to predict what they'd do, but they could predict what I would do as well. It was just a game to see how much further in the future we could see. The further you could, the higher chance you'd have of beating the other.

The elevator stopped at the lowest floor, and I got off. The basement was set to look like a storage room, but there were many secrets to this room. It would be easy to get thrown off by the large amount of boxes this place held, but that's exactly what they were going for.

"Katherine. So nice to see you here. I knew you'd come." He said.

I hated that voice. It was hard for me to stop the urge of throwing a punch on his face.

"I knew you'd be here as well." I said.
"As expected from our best agent." He said.
"Cut the bullshit. Why did you have to do that to Jungkook and Lisa?" I asked.
"Do what? Oh mean the accident?" He laughed, "I assigned you to be with Jungkook so that you could get more information about my brother. I never you knew you'd actually have feelings for him." 
"What makes you think I did?" I smirked. "I did what you wanted. I finished all the missions you assigned to me. I think it's time you stopped."

He started laughing hysterically.

"Stop? While my fool of a brother is out there winning hearts? You want me to stop? That's sweet of you Katherine, worrying about me. But don't forget, I'm the boss here. You take orders from me. Don't get it mixed up." He said.

He was insane. I was sure of it. I don't know what he had with his brother, but the more I am with him, the more I am sure of how crazy he is. He's an evil genius, both he and his brother were. I don't know what happened between them that they went on such different pathways, but if they could resolve the conflict they had and work together, they'd be an unstoppable team.

"Where are they?" I asked.
"You mean the siblings? Oh they're fine, don't worry. We've been treating well. Just like any good host would do." He said.
"Show me. I want to see them alive and well." I didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth.

He shrugged, and nodded to his guard. The guard walked back into the darkness, and rolled out two chairs. Jungkook and Lisa were sitting there, they're mouths blocked with a white cloak.

"Let them speak." I said.
"As you wish. I'll give you guys five minutes to just reunite." He laughed, walking away.

Once I made sure he was gone, I rushed to the two.

"Lisa! Jungkook!" I said, hugging their necks.
"Katherine." They said.
"Are you guys okay? Did the accident hurt you guys?" I said, looking for wounds or bruises.
"We're fine. We were unconscious for a while, and when we woke up we found ourselves here." Lisa explained.
"What did he mean when he said you were assigned to me?" Jungkook asked.

Oh lord. No one knows about my real identity, not even Jungkook. I keep forgetting that I had to date him once. But I didn't regret it. At least I thought it would keep Y/N away from the mess I was involved in.

"I'll explain later. We need to find a way to get you guys out of here." I said, trying to untie them.
"It's no use, they locked it with a password." Lisa sighed.
"How's Y/N?" Jungkook asked.

Before I could reply, he walked out again, replying for me.

"She's on her way."

Oh la la, aren't things getting spicier in here? Sorry for not uploading last week. I wanted to spend the weekend celebrating my mom's birthday :,)

Thanks for watching, hope you enjoyed the chapter, and have a nice day<33