|one|

Find what you love
And let it
Kill you.

Min Yoongi leaned against the cold brick wall outside the café he was working at, a cigarette dangling between his lips. He inhaled strongly, the familiar burning sensation in his alveoli calming his nerves. He exhaled the smoke, making an o with his lips to blow out smoke rings. His eyes held no expression, and his composure was completely calm. Shoulders slumped, head tilted back so that his dark bangs fell into his eyes, his adam's apple prominent.

On the outside, Min Yoongi was a calm and collected guy. On the inside, he was fighting a war with himself.

He knew that his boss, Seokjin, would yell at him if he came outside and caught him smoking so close to the entrance of the café. Well, Jin would scold him for smoking at all. But, as Yoongi has argued many times before, “Rather cigarettes than heroine”. He smiled a ghost of a smile. He would most probably had been dead if it hadn't been for Jin and Jin's boyfriend, Namjoon. It had been Jin who found Yoongi on the floor, shaking and spasming uncontrollably. It had been Namjoon who helped carry Yoongi out and to a hospital.

Here he was, a few months later, clean as a whistle, but still...

The itching won't fucking stop. 

Yoongi inhaled again, the noxious fumes calming the itching for a split second.

Calm down, Min Yoongi, calm down. Think about anything else. Think about puppies. Think about the lyrics you're gonna write tonight. Think about lame dinners with Jin and Namjoon. Think about cute guys.

He took a deep breath, the itching at the back of his lungs worsening for a few seconds before dying down again, causing him to be temporarily relieved. He killed the cigarette before throwing it into a rusted coffee can which served as his ashtray on some days. He empties at the end of every day, and puts new soil in every now and then so that it doesn't stink up.

So, he rubbed his face before entering the café again. He walked around back to Jin's office, entering without even knocking. “Yo, boss man, I need a few extra shifts.” He saw the back of someone's head, someone small (which doesn't say much, since Yoongi is just as small). The hair colour of the stranger was cotton-candy pink, and the kid was wearing a school uniform. Private-school, from the looks of it.

“Min Yoongi! How many times have I told you to knock! For God's sake,” Jin was scolding, but he was trying desperately to hide his smile.

“How many times do I have to tell you, I don't conform to the rules of soceity.” Yoongi said as he subtly made his way over to try and get a look at the kid. He hopped unto Jin's large desk, sitting on the corner.

“Well, I'm still your hyung and I do write your pay checks, so be careful, or else...” Jin warned, not finishing his sentence, but leaving it hanging in the air for dramatic effect. He quickly shedded his serious mannerisms and dramatically clasped his hands over his mouth. “Yoongi, you made me out to be a monster in front of your new colleague! Shame on you!”

Yoongi lifted an eyebrow and looked over at the kid, finally taking in how he looked.

Fuck, he can call me daddy anyday, Yoongi thought as he dragged his eyes over the sweet boy's body and face. Big, curious eyes and thick pink hair with an easy smile and chubby mochi cheeks. He smiled a tiny smile, the boy's mere beauty causing an unknown happiness to swell within Yoongi. “You're hiring the kid?” Yoongi questioned, his eyes locking with the mochi's for a second before looking up at Jin.

“I'm not a kid! I'm eighteen!” The boy retorted, but Yoongi merely held up a hand to silence him, not even glancing at him.

“Yes, for some afternoon shifts. His name is Jimin, and he's so adorable!” Jin smiled widely, and that caused Jimin to blush and turn away, chuckling softly to himself, feeling flustered with the attention. “He has a good CV, and well maybe...” Maybe he'll be a positive influence on you, maybe he'll bring a light into your life, maybe he'll teach you to love again, “Maybe you two will be friends!” He clasped his hands together in front of his face, and Yoongi sighed in reaction to his hyung's dramatic tendencies.