|thirty one|

I got a secret for the mad
In a little bit of time
It won't hurt so bad

Yoongi had put Jimin to bed early, because the poor boy still had school in the morning. After dressing him in Yoongi's hoodie and a clean pair of boxers, Jimin was snuggled up in Yoongi's bed while the latter made them ramen for dinner. The rain outside had ceased to a dull drizzle, and Yoongi felt bad for not owning a TV with which Jimin could entertain himself.

Yoongi entered the room with Jimin's ramen neatly on a serving tray, a cup of his favourite tea, a pudding cup and a flower to round it all off (Yoongi might have plucked it from the neighbour's indoor plants they kept in the hall). He placed the tray down next to Jimin and got his own ramen before getting into bed next to him. Jimin was on the phone, talking to his mom.

"Mom, I told you, Taehyung needs to help me study for this test. Yes, yes we're fine. I...I know, mom..." Jimin was silent as his face darkened. "I understand mom. But it's impor- Yes, sorry mom..." Jimin hung up soon after, placing his face in his hands. Yoongi's gaze softened and he wrapped his arms around Jimin. "She...She's such a bitch, Yoongi...I can't even..."

"Hey, I love you Jimin. Don't let her ruin this night." Yoongi stroked his pink hair until his sniffles quieted down. "You should eat your ramen and curl up, baby. We have to take the train tomorrow early." Yoongi handed Jimin his ramen, and they ate in comfortable silence as Jimin played them YouTube videos on his phone.

"Did you think you'd ever feel like this? Feel so...so at ease with someone. Like, even when you're apart, it's like they're with you." Jimin slurped at the soup.

Yoongi shrugged. "What I feel for you is more or less like that. Besides, you're the first boy I've ever truly loved. And your ass is a major plus."

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Pervert."

"You love this pervert."

They were silent for another minute. Jimin then said something that, if Yoongi hadn't been paying attention the rain to try and figure out how much it had died down, he wouldn't have heard it.

"It's weird that I feel this for you...when I don't even truly know you."

The rain had stopped in that moment. Yoongi had felt as if his skin was disconnected from his body. His soul felt like it was somewhere else, somewhere not quite there. He panicked a bit, because his vision had been temporarily blinded by a warm orange light. His breathing halted for a few seconds, but was dragged back to earth as quickly as it had happened.

Yoongi looked at Jimin. "Did you say something, little one?" He asked softly, taking his empty cup and placing it with his beside them. Jimin looked confusedly at Yoongi.

"What do you mean? I was silent. You must be imagining things, hyungie. Now let's sleep please. My ass still hurts from that other trick you tried." Jimin mumbled as he pulled Yoongi down, putting his head on his chest. Yoongi sighed and shook his head as he wrapped his arms tightly around Jimin.

He already forgot about what he thought he heard.

"But you liked it, right? The things we did earlier?"

"I did, I really did."

The rain fell very softly outside, and there wasn't even a trace of the storm that had raged earlier. The night sky was painted completely black, but it didn't seem like the malicious sky that haunted Yoongi's days as a teenager. This sky was beautiful, in the moment, and in the circumstances. They had the blinds open widely, because Jimin liked the rain against the window. The sky represented an endless possible future, and it represented a time where nothing has been shaped yet and could be made into anything.