|twenty six|

You are not a mistake.
You are too many exquisite details to be a mistake.

-

Yoongi has been pretty preoccupied recently. His budget was tight these days, with needing to save up money for his mother's surgery and living on his own. He was busy studying hard for his GED, and any extra time he had at night, he spent playing piano at that restaurant. The little time he had free, was either spent with Jimin (or video-calling Jimin, since he was still grounded), or looking at his phone and contemplating whether or not he should call his mother.

He knew he should, but a part of him was still holding him back. What would he tell the hospital staff to tell her? Hello, my name is Min Yoongi. Is mrs Min there? Ah, yes, the one with cancer. Well, tell her her estranged homosexual ex-drug addict son sends her greetings. That would probably cause her to have a heart attack.

Yoongi's bitch ex boyfriend messaged him nearly every day with colourful promises of a rich future, where he would be able to save money and still be able to treat Jimin. These promises were mostly empty, because Yoongi knew all about what dealing involved. It was fucking dangerous, for one. Secondly, with Yoongi being in recovery, he's not sure if he has the self-control to withstand usage. Thirdly, he wanted to minimise his interactions with Jihoon as much as possible. After those old feelings blossomed a bit during their previous meeting, Yoongi has been trying his best to avoid talking with Jihoon.

Don't get Yoongi wrong, he absolutely adored his boyfriend. Jimin bombarded his messages with small encouragements in the mornings, stupid jokes in the afternoon, and sweet good-night texts. Their face-time dates usually lasted for hours, and when they saw each other at work they were sure to make up for lost time but nearly kissing every free chance they got.

Jihoon was just a big part of Yoongi's life at some point. He was the worst part of Yoongi's life, but he had been his reason for survival. How ironic...Jihoon had been the reason for his addiction, but without Jihoon, Yoongi would most probably not have survived his addiction period. Their relationship had been 50% sex, 40% fighting, and 10% actually comforting each other and being there for each other.

Maybe, maybe some part of Yoongi had loved Jihoon.

Yoongi, however, was trying his best to fucking murder that small part and suffocate it.

"And I mean, why single Taehyung out? Just because he's openly gay?" Jimin saud over the phone as Yoongi stood outside the restaurant, enjoying his last smoke before he had to go in and play piano. "The teachers at our school are such assholes. I mean, he's at the top of our grade. The entire grade, Yoongi-hyung! He never bothers anyone, he's such a sweet kid, and this teacher had the audacity to single him out because he, along with about half of the class, forgot to do his homework." Jimin sighed heavily.

"When I was still in school, I also got picked on for being gay," Yoongi said as he flicked the cigarette. "Well, the difference is that I used to be kind of a jerk. Taehyung is a good kid. This will only make him stronger. However, if the bullying doesn't stop, tell me and I'll be sure to come and do something about it. Fucking teachers. I hope Namjoon is a good teacher one day." Yoongi killed the cigarette by stepping on it and pressing it flat with his polished dress shoes. "Hey, look out of the window. The sunset is beautiful. Looks like you."

Yoongi heard rustling and then Jimin's small chuckle. "It's so soft and pink and orange... Like, I can just reach out and take a piece and eat it. Well, we're looking at the same sky, Yoongi."

"I like to think that...that the sky at sunrise is ours. God, that sounds stupid," Yoongi leaned his back against the cold brick wall, his gaze never leaving the sky above.

"No, Hyung, I understand what you mean. It's like it's ours alone. We understand the meaning behind a sunrise, and the beauty it holds on another level. You're so poetic, you should just become a poet."

Yoongi huffed as he started making his way inside the restaurant. "Nah, I'm just waiting for my mix tape to take off." Jimin snorted and giggled, and a small smile played on the elder's lips. "Okay, baby, I have to go now. Shit, it's gonna be so hard to not text you about all the pretentious snobs that eat at this place. Jesus Christ..."

"We're going out tonight as well. Stepdad is taking me and my mom out to this fancy shamncy restaurant for dinner. I have to put on a suit and everything." His sigh was laced with his true feelings: feelings of a highschool boy who just wants to curl up in his bed and look at pictures of his boyfriend. "Well, talk to you later fam. Enjoy playing the piano."

"Yeah, see you later loser..."

For a moment, both boys had to bite their tongues to not reply with I love you which, of course, wasn't completely untrue. Truth be told, they're not sure if what they felt for each other was love, because it was too early to tell yet. However, Jimin was a naïve teenage boy and Yoongi has never felt true love before, so out of excitement and a sense of it would feel so natural to say, both boys wanted to utter the words. However, they remained quiet. Their relationship was still a seed, after all.

"Byeeeee," Jimin said before hanging up, his heart hammering like a drum in his chest.

-

Yoongi thought he was going to lose his fucking mind.

The restaurant was very busy that night, and Yoongi had even been called on a few times to help the waiters out, since he was a waiter himself. The tie around his neck was threatening to choke him (or rather, the pianist would rather hang himself up by his tie). The customers here weren't as down to earth as the people who usually sat down in Jin's café. They were spoiled rich businessmen who looked down upon Yoongi. They kept requesting him to play famous pop songs, and Yoongi's fingers ached every time he pressed down on a key.

"Yoongi, your break is over, head back to the piano," The manager informed Yoongi. Yoongi had just entered the kitchen again after running across the street for an energy drink. He groaned and downed the rest of the caffeinated drink before straightening himself out and walking back into the main room of the restaurant.

The place was very posh, with an expansive red carpet and dark mahogany tables all around the central piano. Fairy lights hung across the ceiling (which, in Jin's opinion, "Clashes with the sultry theme of the rest of the restaurant, since the fairy lights have a nature vibe, shaking my head"). Yoongi's polished dress shoes blinked in the reflecting overhead light as he kept his head down to check the notifications on his phone.

Jinnie
Bae, I made a batch of lasagne
just for you. Come by our
place after work and I'll hand
it over. You can probably eat
from it for a week.
With Namjoon and I, it'll last
an hour.
That bitch better still love me when
I get fat one day.

Baby Boy
This hoe got me wearing a tie
outside of school and work
usage.
Bitches be trippin'.
Sorry, I'm listening to some
rap. Feeling gangsta.
BUT HE A HOE.
CALLED ME CHUBBY.
LIKE BITCH wait am I chubby?

Muscle Bunny Jungkook
SO THIS WEEK I WAS
FLIRTING WITH HIM AGAIN
AND LIKE HE WAS PLAYING
ALONG WITH IT? LIKE,
HE EVEN SAID "IF YOU KEEP
THIS UP, KOOKIE, MY FEELINGS
FOR THAT OTHER CRUSH IS SURE
TO CHANGE" OH BABY JESUS
wait i'm not the type of dude to
use all caps.
What is this boy doing to me?

Yoongi replied to Jimin with a swift "ur perfect stfu" before putting his phone back into his pocket. What startled him, however, was hearing a notification of the the c-minor piano key on someone's phone, because that was Jimin's notification sound. Yoongi ignored it, sitting down at the piano and pulling his cuffs up a bit.

"Jimin, put that damned phone off," a man's voice growled from behind Yoongi.

A/N

Aye if you guys have any questions, then drop a comment here.💜