|forty three|

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
All I can taste is this moment
All I can breathe is your air

Ever since the day of Jimin's audition, Yoongi had become quiet.

Not an angry quiet, not a bored quiet, not a happy quiet. It was a depressed quiet.

Jimin was no fool. Yoongi would talk and laugh when needed, and he'd make sure that Jimin would enjoy their days out. Yoongi took Jimin so many places, bought him so many wonderful things, made him feel like a prince, but Jimin knew that Yoongi was only hiding something. Yoongi usually shows his love for Jimin through subtle actions, through small gestures and whispered words, but this was too loud for Yoongi. Too out in the open.

When Jimin would wake up in the middle of the night, he'd find Yoongi sitting up in bed, looking out through the window, the light of the moon making him look so ghostly pale and ethereal. He would be thinking, and writing. It's only when Yoongi doesn't know that Jimin's looking that he has that notebook out, because during the day that notebook is nowhere to be found. Sometimes, during the day, Jimin would come back from a jog or from doing chores, and he'd see Yoongi just sitting and doing nothing, thinking deeply. Of course, he'd smile when he sees Jimin, but Jimin knew in his heart that something was wrong.

On one particular evening, nearing the end of their trip, Jimin was laying on his stomach on their bed, looking at Yoongi's phone, awaiting an e-mail from the school. A small pout was adorning his lips as he endlessly refreshed the e-mail list. Yoongi had gone out with his father to God knows where, all they said was “Father and son-in-law bonding time!”, and left his phone with Jimin because “Hyung, hyunggg, what if they e-mail me and I'm not there to answer and they then give the scholarship to someone else?”.

Jimin was just about to climb under the covers of the bed, when he heard the front door open. He slipped off the bed and padded over to the livingroom, where he was greeted by his father and Yoongi hanging on each other, the one laughing louder than the other as they swayed around, clearly drunk off their asses.

Jimin held his breath and walk off, still looking at the duo, because he's never seen Yoongi drunk before, and he's not sure if he's even allowed to drink that much due to his recovery, and he was so scared. His heart felt so heavy in his chest as he slipped into the room and under the covers, dialing a number and holding Yoongi's phone to his ear.

“Hello, Yoongi?”

“Jin-hyung! Hi, it's me, Jimin...”

“Jiminie? Why are you whispering? What's wrong? Don't tell me you're pregnant, because then I'd be thoroughly impressed.” Jin sounded raspy and tired, like he was just about to go to bed, and Jimin then realised how late it actually was. He took a hand through his golden locks, curling up into a ball even more.

“No, hyung...Yoongi is drunk. Very drunk. He went to drink with my dad, and...i-is it a bad thing?” Jimin heard laughing inside as his stepmother confronted the boys, not aware of how much of a risk a drunk Yoongi could be to himself. To his dad and stepmom, the two just had a fun night out, but to Jimin, it could be the means to an end.

Jin sighed. “Not necessarily. Many ex-addicts are able to enjoy a drink and get drunk every once in a while if they weren't alcoholics. Yoongi never was an alcoholic, so just keep an eye on him. Don't make him feel shit about it, because he's already in a bad place now... If he gets drunk again, especially without you knowing, then you can confront him.”

Jimin heard stumbling coming down the hall, and assumed that Yoongi was going to retire for the night. “Thank you so much Jin-hyung, and sorry for disturbing. I'll let you know how he is tomorrow morning. Bye!” Jimin hung up before Jin could respond, hid the phone under the pillow and pretended to be asleep. The door swung open with a thump, and a soft “Shit, he's asleep” followed.