|eleven|

I'll find the places
Where you hide
I'll be the dawn
On your worst night.

Jimin just pecked Yoongi's lips, but the contact was enough to leave Yoongi breathless. Yoongi had to use every ounce of self-control to not put his hand behind Jimin's head and pull him in for a proper kiss.

Yoongi can't remember the last time he had experienced a kiss like that. Something so innocent and pure. The man doesn't have an ounce of purity in his soul, and he was well beyond being saved. However, when his lips had met Jimin's for those three seconds, he felt like a better person.

A kiss to cleanse all he was.

Is it because Jimin's good-natured soul is affecting Yoongi? Or is it because of the way he looks up to Yoongi? He sees Yoongi for who he has become, and who he wants to become, and not because of who he is.

Yoongi stared at Jimin's plump lips before gulping audibly.

“W-what was that for?” Yoongi asked, cupping Jimin's cheek in his hand, running his thumb across Jimin's plump bottom lip. The flesh was warm and such a strange shade of pink. “Not that I'm complaining, you know...Just wondering.” He felt Jimin's breath against his thumb, and it was warm too.

“It was just a peck...to say thank you for the poem. It's beautiful, hyung. I love it. I can't believe you wrote it about me...Do you really feel that way?” Jimin toyed with Yoongi's necklace, rubbing the chip between his fingers. There was so much Jimin wanted to ask Yoongi: about his past, about his present, about his future, their future, but he knew for the most part that Yoongi would want to wait to talk about things like that. Yoongi seems to be one for not speaking, but rather showing.

“I do. You're so innocent and bright, and that really cheers a person up, you know? There's this darkness in me that you seem to dim. You're a good influence on me, Jimin. I'm an addict, I don't have much in this world that I can truly enjoy without misusing it.”

Jimin moved in closer, laying his ear against Yoongi's chest, hearing the thump-thumping of his heart. “So, you're an addict without an addiction?”

“Yeah, but I could easily get addicted to you, Park Jimin.”

There was a silence as Jimin traced patterns on Yoongi's chest, listening to the unknown melody his heart was beating to. “You can get addicted to me. I'm okay with that. You won't misuse me, I trust you.”

Once again, that trust. Yoongi hasn't been trusted in so long, was he ready for it?

“You don't know my past self.”

“No, but I know your present self, and he's my hero.” Yoongi opened his mouth to argue, but Jimin held his hand to Yoongi's mouth to quiet him, sitting up a bit to look at him. “No, you listen to me. The Yoongi whose arms I'm laying in now is the Yoongi who saved me earlier today. You're the Yoongi who helped me realise my sexuality. You're the Yoongi who's been slowly teaching me to be more confident, to be tougher. You're my hyung, and I look up to you a lot. So, say whatever you want about your past self, but your present self is the hyung I've grown to look up to.”

Yoongi couldn't help but smile. Jimin removed his hand and nuzzled his face into Yoongi's neck. “Fuck you, Park Jimin. You're such a soft little mochi.” Yoongi's skinny fingers raked up and down Jimin's back, and Jimin made a content sound.

“Mmhh, whatever you say, Agust D. What is that even? Your rapper name?” Jimin's breath was warm against Yoongi's neck, and his pale skin broke out in goosebumps.

Again, that warmth of Jimin that made Yoongi's skin hyper-aware: The two layers of clothing separating their chests from one another, his lips grazing the pale skin gently, his eyelids fluttering and tickling him. He was very close to a sensory over-load. When was the last time he was able to appreciate so many things individually, but also all-at-once? What a contradictory feeling attraction is.