|thirty eight|

He walked into my heart
Like he always belonged there;
Took down my walls
And lit my soul on fire.

Yoongi stayed quiet as he helped Jimin up, allowing the smaller boy to lean most of his weight on Yoongi. Jimin held his dufflebag with his one hand and held unto his lover with his other arm. When they finally stumbled inside, Yoongi took Jimin's bag to his room while he ordered Jimin to take a seat. Yoongi was biting down on his teeth the entire time, trying his best to let everything sink in.

Not only did he witness Jihoon almost die that day, but his boyfriend was kicked out of his own home. Yoongi was wondering if the world was testing his limits. How much more could fate throw at him before he completely lost his shit and goes on a complete rampage? But he was trying to remain calm for himself and for his boyfriend. He needed to be soft and sweet and sympathetic.

Yoongi walked back to the livingroom to find Jimin standing on the balcony outside, holding Yoongi's e-cigarette in his hand. He took a drag and sighed in delight, his eyes closed as he leaned against the railing. A sudden flashback overwhelmed Yoongi as he was reminded of a similar scene a few months ago. Instead of Jimin, it had been Yoongi leaning against a wall with a cigarette dangling between his lips as he thought about his cravings, right before he met Jimin.

Yoongi frowned and walked over, taking the device from Jimin and pocketing it. "Jimin, I haven't used that in weeks. I don't think I want you using it either," Yoongi's voice was soft, but firm. He placed his hands on Jimin's hips and rested his forehead against the younger's, allowing his presence to calm Jimin down. Jimin's chubby hands balled Yoongi's shirt up in his hands, his small frame shaking with slight sobs and sniffles. Large, veiny hands ran up Jimin's back, causing the younger to cry even harder. A small wet spot soon formed on Yoongi's shirt, but he didn't care. He wrapped his other arm around Jimin's waist tightly, holding him in place as Jimin cried his eyes out.

The sky was a dull grey, and the start of the winter snow was threatening to fall. It was ice cold outside, but the two of them didn't care. The city life was spread out below them, frustratingly slow at some parts and too fast at others. Buildings stood up tall and proud, people walked with slouches, life and love was nowhere to be see. Except for the two boys embracing each other on the balcony of a shabby apartment building, the city seemed devoid of love and any other form of pure emotion.

Jimin looked up at Yoongi with his puffy eyes and Yoongi kissed his cheeks, tasting the salty tears on his lips. Eyes turned into crescent moons as Jimin smiled a bit, a few sniffles still audible. The elder tsk'd and wiped at Jimin's nose with his shirt's sleeve, and wiped his cheeks off with the palms of his hands. "You're beautiful, you know?" Yoongi whispered, pressing his lips softly to Jimin's. "Every day I thank God for bringing you unto my path. You make it all worth it. I won't hide anything from you anymore, little one."

The smaller man's throat felt dry as he attempted to swallow his saliva, because his emotions seemed to be caught up in his larynx. The rings around his oesophagus were tightening, and he pressed his lips to Yoongi's, and immediately felt the invisible hands let go of his throat. He sighed in relief, taking a hand through his lover's silky hair. He felt totally in love, and he felt totally at home.

"I love you so much, Yoongi," Jimin whispered, and Yoongi hummed in approval. He traced kisses down Jimin's neck, enjoying the feeling of Jimin's body going limp in his arms. He was managing in getting Jimin to calm down, and that was good. Jimin needed to talk, take a nap, and wake up to a nice meal. Yoongi could do that for him. But first, they needed to talk.

"Let's go inside and talk, baby," Yoongi led Jimin inside and closed the door that led to the balcony. He collapsed down on his couch and pulled Jimin unto his body, allowing the small boy to curl up to him. Knees pulled up to his chest, he managed to fit his entire frame on Yoongi's lap. The elder chuckled and hugged his lover close, pressing small kisses to Jimin's silky black hair. "Tell oppa what happened." Jimin got chills when Yoongi whispered that.