|thirty two|

We'll be outlaws
Partners in crime
Run, run like you never did
Cuz they found the evidence
And they found your fingerprints
All on me

Everything went down hill after that fight.

Yoongi had to pull Jimin off the other guy, but it had been too late, because a teacher had spotted them. She marched over and demanded to know what was going on, but not one of them was able to answer her. She chased Yoongi off from the school and he had to watch from a distance as Jimin was dragged off by the female teacher.

Jimin didn't answer any of Yoongi's calls, nor did he show up for work the next day - it was Taehyung (whom Jin hired in Jimin's place for the time being). Jimin's mom had contacted both Jin and Taehyung for this arrangement. When Yoongi saw Taehyung in the café the afternoon after the fight, he nearly tackled him to the ground.

"What the fuck is going on?" Yoongi questioned, his voice calm but hard. His hair was a mess and his shirt was buttoned all wrong. He was shaking a bit, and there was this terrible ringing sound coming from his phone which was driving him completely insane. He was on edge, and trying his best not to show it. He hadn't gotten any sleep the previous night, and neither Tae nor Jungkook answered his calls either.

Taehyung looked nervous, but still met Yoongi's eyes. "Jimin's on lock-down. His phone was taken away. He can't leave his house without a parent chaperoning him. His laptop has been taken away. He can't even work, or attend dance. He asked me not to tell you over the phone, otherwise you'll overreact and try to break something."

Yoongi took a deep breath, his chest and shoulders rising slowly along with the intake of air. A vein in his neck was showing, and Taehyung could see that Yoongi was a hair's breadth away from completely cracking. "Lock-down. Was it his stepdad?"

Taehyung could only nod as Yoongi took in the information. "Okay, okay cool. No, I get it. He got into a fight. I'd be mad too. But...fuck. This is too much. This is the last fucking straw... I mean, no dance?"

"His dad's never been a fan of his dancing...says it's...gay." Yoongi could see how difficult it was for Taehyung to say the word, because the word has brought the teenager so much pain before. "So, we don't know how much longer this is going to hold out... Our exams are ending in two weeks, so maybe until then."

Yoongi took a hand through his hair. "Okay. So no talking or seeing him for two weeks. Fucking A." He leaned against the wall, his forehead resting against his arm. "Taehyung, can I rely on you passing on messages from me to him?"

Taehyung nodded, putting his hand tentatively on Yoongi's back to comfort him. Yoongi didn't retract, and instead allowed the boy to help him feel better. His world was grey and cold again. If he was going to have to survive without his only source of happiness for so long, he'll have to allow the small things to make him feel better.

Taehyung looked at Yoongi before speaking up. "Thank you, hyung... Junkook finally opened up to me about his sexuality. And we've started going on dates... He told me it was thanks to your advice," and Taehyung was more than startled when Yoongi turned around and hugged Taehyung. Taehyung was very affectionate and hugged back with warmth, which of course made Yoongi stiff. Taehyung giggled at Yoongi's reaction and cooed at his bewildered expression.

"I don't know where that came from..." Yoongi admitted when he pulled away. "And it was no problem, Tae."

"Your face! Aaww, hyung, you're so cute! I can see why Jiminie likes you!" He squished Yoongi's cheeks, and Yoongi pushed his hand away, pouting gently. Taehyung giggled louder. "Jimin is lucky to have you though. You'll be fine, hyung. I'll be your message man!" Taehyun held his hand up to his forehead in a salute. "Your royal messenger! What is my first message?"

Yoongi racked his mind. There was so much he wanted to tell Jimin at that moment, so much he needed to tell Jimin at that moment. He wanted to comfort Jimin and be there for him. He wanted to coddle Jimin and remind him about how perfect and precious he is. He wanted to apologise for their previous fight. They never even had the chance to talk about it, so that was still left untold. But most of all, Yoongi wanted to tell Jimin...

"That I love him. Tell him I love him." Yoongi said softly, his voice hoarse as he looked through the window at the grey world outside. The rain was falling down gently, a depressing and sempiternal curtain of droplets washing the world in watered-down shades of blue and grey.

"I'll do that. I'll try and find out when his parents won't be home or something, so you can sneak into his room some night. I'm just a great friend like that," he winked, and Yoongi rolled his eyes, but still managed to smile.

"Thank you, Taehyung," Yoongi ruffled his hair and went into Jin's office, his heart feeling heavy. Yoongi wiped his smile off when he walked in and saw his best friend sitting there, knowing he could open up to him without any fear. Or, well, attempt to open up. It's difficult for him to open up to people, as Jimin would be able to bear witness to. "Hey, hyung..."

"Yoongi," Jin said softly. "Sit down, and allow yourself to feel."

Jin patted the spot on his desk where Yoongi always sat down. Yoongi hopped up there, his feet barely touching the ground. His shoulders were slumped and his eyes were closed as he allowed himself to truly feel his pain for the first time in a while. For once, he didn't need to be strong for Jimin. For once, he was with his best friend, and he didn't need to be strong for anyone. He allowed himself a few seconds of pain as Jin rubbed his back comfortingly.

He loved Jimin, so fucking much, but this was a lot to deal with.

His dad made everything so difficult, and Yoongi's past and his bad decisions were coming to bite him in the ass. He couldn't run away from his past, and with his side-business as a dealer, he was in fact running towards to his past. Jimin felt so far away at that moment. A minute ago, he was in Yoongi's arms as they ate ramen. A minute ago, they kissed for the first time. A minute ago, they were entangled in each other's arms when Yoongi first snuck into his room. A minute ago, he saw Jimin for the first time: so innocent and happy, despite of everything going on back home.

Now, he's getting into fights, becoming sexually active, vaping, and drinking. And all because of Yoongi. This made Yoongi's heart hurt even more than it already was hurting. As much as he loved Jimin, he knew he wasn't the best influence on Jimin. Maybe this time apart would do them good. Maybe this time apart was a chance for Yoongi to finally come to grips with being a good boyfriend. He can finally decide what his role in the relationship would be.

He loved Jimin so much. Jimin was still an innocent flower bud, but was he busy blossoming, or was he wilting? Was Yoongi his sunshine, or his storm? Jimin needed to experience some things before going into the world on his own. He needed to be aware of alcohol and drugs and sex, and if he and Yoongi ever broke up, Yoongi would want him to have experienced those things with him and not with someone who wouldn't treat him right or misuse him in that state.

Yoongi was ruined by drugs because of someone like Jihoon. Yoongi didn't want to be Jimin's Jihoon. Sure, Jihoon helped Yoongi stay alive, but he had been the very reason for him becoming so lost in that world. Jihoon was Yoongi's first drug. Jimin was Yoongi's newest drug. He was like a pill he needed, but if he took too much, he'd become addicted and lost again. He needed time to think about their relationship.

Yoongi felt so lost and so very confused. He felt torn.

"Do I...do I try and keep Jimin innocent, or do I try and make him aware of how the world really is?" Yoongi asked gently, his eyes still closed.

"You do what he asks you to do. You can't control him, and you can't decide what's best for him. He needs to decide for himself. What he wants, is what he wants. He's his own person. You're your own person. Remember that."

Yoongi nodded, kept his eyes shut for a few more seconds, and when he opened his eyes he squared his shoulders back. He sat up straight and nodded. "I'm okay. I'll be okay."

"And what are you going to do now?" Jin asked when Yoongi jumped off the table.

"Work. Keep myself busy," Yoongi waved Jin off as he walked out of the office. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and checked his messages before starting with his work.

Cunt.
I got a job for you tonight.
Come to my place after work,
honey.
And remember to eat lunch!
I know you struggle to remember
to eat.
Fucking cute idiot.